concealed carry

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by roondad, Nov 23, 2009.

1. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    Is there any interest in promoting a concealed carry law in the Illinois forum? since Illinois and wisconsin are the only two states that do not allow for the Legal carry for law abiding citizens. opinions? for or against.

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Have the laws in California been enlightened recently? Last I knew they were fairly anti-American as well..

3. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    the last I read on concealed carry, was that 48 states have made legal carry possible except two, I will look into it,I think ca. has mag/capacity restrictions..

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I know there is pro and cons on this subject, but I would be for a concealed and carry.

5. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Ca expects you to check your civil rights at the state line. I recently got my ccw license in Az and our instructor told us that Ca does not have a ccw license and does not accept licenses from any other state. Guess if you need help, just call 911. Yea, that will work. The NRA website has info on which states have reciprical agreements.

:cool2:

6. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    thank you ,I'll look that up looking for any info. on concealed carry

7. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    they will be takein away pepper spray next....:smile2:...if they would let people carry gunns more thugs would think twice about messin with people.....:0a36:

8. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    So the politicians the people elected won't allow law abiding citizens to practice your 2nd Amendment rights, yet want to move the terriost scum to Illinois where they will have rights not currently afforded to the ba$tard$ in Gitmo. Their is something massively wrong going on.

9. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    thanks Steve, I posted this thread to see what people in Illinois and others think about how our state and wisconsin deny their people the right of self protection, has anyone dialed 911 expecting police or sheriffs deputies to get there in time? I personally think the state of Illinois is scared to death of the large urban populations (read african american) of its' larger citiesand if this is true is that not racist? or is that an example of a govt. that is afraid of its people?

10. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Would love to see conceal carry in Illinois.

11. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think it would be a very good idea, the thugs would think twice about messing up, and not knowing if the person or persons they are going to attack or molest or what ever is armed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  12. catmankev

catmankev New Member

State:
    Valmeyer, Illinois
  13. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think all Illinoisans would benefit greatly from concealed carry...but unfortunately our lawmakers and the lobbiest see problems associated with our bigger cities. Chicago and East St Louis will be the problems as the scum of the earth already have illegal weapons for the most part. The lawmakers will look at this as allowing them to carry any weapon they choose. I completely understand the needed education for law abiding citizens to be able to carry...but it's the crooks they are worried about. This also brings up the subject of FOID cards as well. I know several people in other un - named states that DO not have to have a card to buy ,sell or possess firearms. Again , this comes down to the legislation to track all God fearing Law abiding citizens. Point here is that although the lawmakers are forcing us to all abide - but the criminals will basically do what they want - We need concealed carry not only to deter criminal activity , but to basically protect us and our loved ones. What better to fend them off then the possibilty of getting shot themselves.

14. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    As far as foid cards are concerned I understand that the people of Illinois never voted on being charged a fee to exercise a constitutional right, But I found out that a petition of only 2% of each counties voters would be required to place that issue on the ballot as a referendum... maybe it is about time. as far as ryan running for gov. I think any career politician should not be voted for and each and every incumbent statewide should either be held accountable to their constituents or voted out. when I read the Illinois constitution the words " subject to police action" concerned me,what do they mean and why are they there? once again I think the fear politicians have of the larger cities residents if held by anyone else would be considered racist. why do the politicians feel we are not responsible or mature enough to go armed in our own defense, most of them are armed or employ bodyguards, shouldn't the laws applied cover the governed as well as those who govern?

15. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If guns are outlawed - only outlaws will have guns....they can have them when they pry them from my cold dead hands.

Seems our rights are being constantly whittled away...some of us own weapons for other reasons besides robbery and murder.....

16. Papa64

Papa64 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'll be 65 in a few days and if a 20 yr old jumped me, I would be screwed, body has been through to much abuse over the years. takes the police about 5 min to get here from the other side of town, a lot can happen in that length of time, no bad record, and I shot a lot of big weapons while in the Army so my vote is, YES!!

17. fishead69

fishead69 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    kill or be killed at times - whatever it takes to protect yourself and your family...again a God given right...eye for an eye...tooth for a tooth....

18. crappieclint

crappieclint New Member

State:
    Rend lake, IL
    I am a police officer in southern IL which is way different from Chicago. Personaly if Chicago was'nt part of IL I think we would already have concealed carry. Chicago business affects us even though we are very different. I personally support concealed carry. Currently cops and criminals are the only ones with guns. The criminals don't care about a law or having a FOID card.
    Odds are not to many criminals are members of catfish1.com. LOL
    Here in Mt.Vernon IL if you have a pistol in a fanny pack with a loaded magazine beside it and a FOID card you will NOT be arrested. The bullets cannot be inside the gun.
    We here in Jefferson county had concealed carry on the ballot earlier in the year. The results within the county were overwhelmingly in support, but I have not heard another thing about it.
    If you seriosly want to do this call your states attorney and ask them their opinon. They are the ultimate prosecuter in their county.

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Clint thanks for your comments on this subject. Welcome to the BOC.