Concealed carry permit came in the mail today!

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by Believer, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    It took 60 long days but it could've been longer. Instructor said up to 120 days.
    Now I need to run out and find a holster.
    Look out libs there's one more gun toting, God fearing conservative walking the streets! :big_smile:

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Eric congrats on the permit. Use good judgement and stay safe.

3. Trapper-steve

Trapper-steve Well-Known Member

State:
    Bicknell, IN
    congrats on the permit:cool2:

4. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    i wont make you mad...stay safe out there!!!

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Way to go Eric!

Now we need to work on our lawmakers to get the Castle Doctrine passed in Arkansas.

You have a local attorney in Greenwood that helped get Right to Carry passed in AR but bet you already knew that.

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on getting your permit. Make sure to use it wisely an more importantly safety now is more assured.

7. aslayton

aslayton New Member

State:
    Florida
    Just thought i would share a experience with you about holsters, um... my father and hubby got the CWP and was the same way, gotta get a holster, well my hubby ended up getting one that strapped on like a back pack, except it was called a shoulder holster. I wouldnt recommend it, only because it digs into your sides, and can give u blisters. If i had to choose i would choose one that either clipped on to the belt, or pants. So he ended up getting one the slid in and had a strapp over t he hammer and clipped onto the inside of the pants. Just thought i would share that with u. and congrats again! Be safe. Just remember to keep the burgar stick off the bang stick when not in use.. lol just a joke that a fella told me and just kinda stuck with me. hhah

8. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the CWP. I've had renewable since 1982, and just recently upgraded to a lifetime. My best advice to you is to get to know your weapon, and your laws. Be sure to check the reciprocity laws, so you know which states will honor your permit in case you take a trip.

9. catfish_hunter01

catfish_hunter01 New Member

State:
    nonya
    http://www.omaha.com/article/20100427/NEWS97/704279843/0

The Walgreens customer who killed a would-be-robber Monday night has been cited for carrying a concealed weapon but won't face a charge in the shooting.
    Harry J. McCullough III, 32, had a permit to carry a loaded handgun in plain view — typically in a holster — but did not have a concealed weapons permit, said Omaha Police Officer Jacob Bettin.
    McCullough pulled his handgun from the waistband of his pants when he shot and killed Marquail Thomas, a shotgun-wielding 18-year-old and would-be-robber at the Walgreens in Benson Monday night, Bettin said.

McCullough was not arrested in connection with Thomas' death, and Douglas County Attorney Don Kleine said Tuesday afternoon that he would not file charges in connection with the shooting.

Bettin said two masked men had entered the Walgreens at 6101 Northwest Radial shortly before 9 p.m.

He said one of the men pointed the shotgun in the direction of the cash register, where several customers were standing in line.
    McCullough fired several shots as the shotgun-wielding suspect pointed his weapon at customers. Thomas was hit several times. He fled from the store but collapsed outside.

McCullough then grabbed a second masked man and held him until police arrived, Bettin said.

Thomas was taken to Creighton University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, police said.

The second suspect, who authorities identified as 17-year-old Angelo Douglas, was booked into the Douglas County Youth Center on suspicion of robbery and use of a weapon to commit a felony.
    Nebraska law allows individuals to use force when their life or another person's life is threatened.
    The Walgreens store was open for business Tuesday, with several customers shopping. A few chatted about the crime.
    Store employees said they were not allowed to comment. Calls to Walgreens' corporate offices were not returned.

10. m slayton

m slayton New Member

State:
    florida
    just remember now more then ever ,that no more can you runin to trouble,look for it or cause it.by this i meen now you really have to learn to harness yyour anger /feelings, you can"t you just go looking for trouble or bar fights wild nights.what i meen to say is getting permit is a task it self but keeping it can be hard for some people.as in short tempered people now have to learn to turn the other cheak and walk away form conflicts such as fights and if your a drinker lock em up befor ya pop a top.research your state laws many more places prohibit firearms in or on there property,other then what they tought you in your cwp class .for example here in florida no guns on state or fed. land yes this inclueds starte parks that tend to often have a fishin hole on the grounds,but florida made an acception to the rule and now allow cwp owners to carry our gun with us but many states are diffrent also florida is a state that allows or passed the castle law thus permiting us to shoot all burglers DEAD they have to be in the house and not sure if they have to be armed or not.this is why you can reseach for years and still not know all the info about it.just a question for ya, are you a calm spirited person or do you have a hard time walking away form a foulmouthed punk pushing your buttons and trying to get you to threw punches with him.heres why i ask,carrying a gun is to defend your life or others only.some people tend to get more cocky when carrying a gun and this can feal like a bigger man but NOW is the time to walk away and avoid trouble when you carry some people might feal obligated to confron problems thinking i ghave a gun i can handle this problem...... not just learn to smile and walk away form all trouble you can lose the permit fast and i'll tell ya it is very hard to walk away.and ya might even run in to a person from the past that you have a grudge aginst just forget about that grudge and now more then ever

11. m slayton

m slayton New Member

State:
    florida
    controling your temper is now more inportant then ever being that one mistake can earn you a felony.so be safe and walk away from conflicts any time you can and always file chages if you should get in a fight and can not retreat they punch you and you file assult charges .youtube cwp and look for nuttinfancy's videos and you'll understan what i am about to say a little better.once you get your cwp you have become a sheep dog or protector of the flock .we have the option to save lives if ones in danger not just our own lives any ones!!! thus cwp owner <-- the sheep dog or shepard protecs the sheep <-- comon people that are not cwp owners for the wolves <--- bad guys .so your world just changed in a big way.chose your battles wisely and avoid trouble spots that you know will most likely lead you to trouble.i'd recament starting out witha in the pants holster ,the shoulder holster sucks painfull on the skin and pinches when you wear an under shirt.
    also shoot your gun alot to gain max control and knowing your weapon inside and out,this will let you learn how the recoil is ,if the gun will jam with a certin try of ammo,how many shots to shoot till the recoil of the gun causes you to shoot over the target example if i aim at a target the head part with my glock 21 the 45 apc i can fire 3 rounds back to back then the recoil forces me to re aim and fallowing shots go over the target. you learn by shooting. also i like to do run and gun drills <--- in a real gun fight i find it hard to belive that one will stand still and shoot . the run n gun method will train you to hit targets wile on the move thus making you a hard target to hit . i also practice from the hip shots because that might be the only shot you get or it might be the first shot.
    i also make a habbit of keeping 15-20 foot gap between me and any person i suspect is up to no good or i have got a negative vibe from if they move forward i move backward

12. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Interesting story. In Indiana we have "Permit to carry", we do not specify conceiled or open view, it's at carrier's discretion. We also just passed a state statute allowing us to carry guns to work in our vehicles (most companys have no gun policys), we will be allowed to carry our personal protection and hunting arms to and from work.

13. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    I have had a carry permit for several years. When i went to renew my permit this year the Homeland Safety
    Act now requires a "certified copy" of your birth certificate...not a copy of the one your parents were given at
    the time of your birth. I had to sent to the State Capital for a ceritfied copy. It took 4 weeks to get then had
    to send it along with renewal application. I eneded up having to contact the Capital office to get them to
    send me a letter stating renewal was in progress while waiting for my new certification card. A second call
    was required to speed up the process because the letter had an expiration date on it. I finally got my new card 2 days before the letter's extention date expired.

So everyon don't wait till renewal time to get a certified copy of your birth certificate. I got 5 copys when I
    ordered so I won't have to order again for a long time. It was $20 for the first copy and $5 for each
    additional copy. This is Tennessee but the Homeland Security affects all states.

Jesse168

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wife and I have had permits for 12 years. Only change this year on re-newer, we had to send a copy of our driver license photo. Our new permits now include our pictures and are good for 5 years instead of 4.