Computer problems--Big time!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by splitshot, Nov 4, 2007.

1. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I am having some computer problems so if you dont see me on here for a while youll know why. My computer has slowed way down, and im getting two popups that wont go away. Both of them are security warnings. Ive never had a proplem with pop ups untill a couple of days ago. Im going to have the puter checked out as soon as i can, hopefully it can be fixed.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We'll miss ya. Just getting to know you.

I found if you take a hunk of #9 wire and start jamming it in any opening on the computer you can, kinda like trying to run a mouse out of it's hole it will sometimes help. Saves an expensive computer bill. Course wear rubber gloves and boots. John.

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You have a virus or a worm. They can drive a person nuts. A good security program will get them out of your computer and keep you from getting them again. If you already have one, restart your computer and run the program, that should do it.

4. TarheelCatMan

TarheelCatMan New Member

State:
    Lincolnton, North Carolina
    Sorry about the computer problems, they sometimes have a mind of there own. You more than likley have spyware on the computer. A good program to clean this with is AVG home edition. I work on computers for a living and run this on all 5 of my computers at home. Look up AVG on a search engine and it should put you to a link to the site. Another good thing to do after you get it cleaned is to run a defrag on the hard drive. This will clean any old files just taking up space and you can delete them or save them if it is something you need. Hope this helps.

5. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK