Computer help needed

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BamaCats Lady, Jul 30, 2006.

1. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    I am hoping one or more of you computer genuises out there can help me. I have a hard drive that I installed XP Pro on. And lik an idiot I partitioned the drive. Now I don't know how to unpartition it. The drive is basicly useless. How do I wipe it, remove the partition that I put in & reformat it. Right now the drive I have in my pc is only 4 gig and rapidly running out of space!
    Lisa (feeling really foolish)

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Why do you want to unpartition it?

3. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    sart/control panel/adminstrative tools/computer management/....on left side of box see storage clk that ,then clk disk management ..it should list your disk drive and partitions bye default xp is on c:drive right clk the partition or partitions u want too delete o..diff partitions isnt that bad realy just install stuff to that partition xp will see the prog but at only 4gig hard drive and xp is 2+ gig install id just leave it alone unless the partitions arent formatted..but u can format them just as easy just do same as above but clk format...hope this helps good luck to u brother

4. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    i think Bama Cats Lady is a sister. lmao

5. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    If you still need help, PM me and i'll give you a call. We should be able to walk through it over the phone.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I dont know what your partition is set for but you will have to reload the whole operating system. you also could go to pricewatch.com or overstock.com and look for a new one. a 20 gig harddrive isnt expensive (thats all I have for my home computer).