Compute your catfish-per-capita, or cathupta

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jeremiad, Jul 8, 2009.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    I was renewing my license yesterday when I started thinking...you know, I probably paid the most per fishing day last year than I ever had. Between two full-time jobs, a massive house remodeling project, business trips, and several funerals, I had very little time to go fishing; acutally, only about three times the whole year.

So, $18 fishing license fee divided by three outings is $6 per fishing-day. That's fairly high.

Because I didn't have time to fish, I responded by hoarding fishing stuff, to the order of around $150 or so.

Now I'm up to about $56/fishing-day. That's really getting expensive.

Some of you probably have a minimal amount of investment compared to the amount of fishing that you do. I am interested in seeing how well some of you fish on a budget.

Others of you pay the big bucks on the most expensive ba$$ boat you can find, with all associated fees and insurance, along with the side-scan sonar,...all so you can fish the most expensive pay lakes. :tounge_out: Add to this the traveling, guide fees, housing expenses...money is no object for you. I am also interested in seeing how much some of you are willing to sink into the sport just for the fun of it.

For no better term, I call this per-capita fishing ratio cathupta, for catfishing "hupta" (whatever it means, it sounds good :cool2:).

Some of you can pull out the fishing journal and compute dollars per fish. This is certainly acceptable. Whatever you do, you need to show your work (coming from a guy that used to teach high-school math)! :big_smile:

2. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Not sure of the $$$ amount on my fishing habit but I figure It is cheap compared to the price of a shrink. Last June I hurt my back at work and in between fishing and the BOC I think is the only things that kept me from going insane.:wink: Thanks to all my BOC brothers and sisters for being here.

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Yeah, Ken, I thought that I would get a few responses at least to this thread. Oh well, maybe everyone's out fishing?

I can say I've already been out fishing with the new license...I plan on knocking that cathupta rate way down! :cool2:

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    MOST OF USE DON,T WANT TO KNOW WHAT WE HAVE SPENTING ON FISHING ,GEAR ,BOATS AN SUCH ,AN SURE AS WELL DON,T WANT THE WIFES TO FIND OUT :wink::smile2:

5. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't want to even think about what I've spent on fishing over the years. But one good thing about getting 65 is fishing license is good for life, after a one time fee of $10.50. :wink: