Compound set ups.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by b.ries, Jan 17, 2010.

1. b.ries

b.ries New Member

State:
    Ohio.
    Hey guys I was wondering some of your compuond hunting set ups . I have a diamond razor edge I love it !On it I have a 3 pin site, wisker biscute arrow rest,arm sling that goes around the wrist and a peep site. Also a release loop and I have a cobra release. I have carbon fury arrows made by red head. Haven't got broad heads yet but either getting muzzy or rage . One thing that I don't have that I notice that other people have is a stabalizer? So in your answer could you tell me what it does. Also a 3 arrow quiver it's 2 piece.

Thanks b.ries .

2. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have a browning tornado bow with a single pin sight with a level. not sure of the brand but i like it. have svl limb dampners and a svl s coil stabilizer. my rest also a whisker biscuit. cobra release, and i shoot beman hawk carbon arrows with muzzy 125 grain 3 blade broadheads. i fletch my arrows with 2" blazer vanes. i have a good setup that works for me. i am by no means an expert, but i seem to shoot better with the stabilizer. i have a nap quiver that holds 4 arrows. i have been using a peep sight with the tube, but i am thinking about going to a no tube peep this next season.

3. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    It's important to select the right archery stabilizer that will maximize your skill and the energy behind the arrow and also to minimize vibration when shooting. It is true that a stabilizer is essentially is a series of dampers, weights, and rods that connect to your bow, but the use that one can get out of it is absolutely amazing. It's general purpose is to reduce excess energy so that the accuracy of your shooting increases and oscillation of the bow upon release is dampened.

My setup is a Hoyt Katera set a 60# of draw weight. 28" of draw length. I use a Spot-Hogg 7 deadly pin sight. Fuse Axium Sidekick stabilizer. Vapor Trail drop away rest. Easton Axis 340's with 100 grain points and NAP Hellrazor broadheads.

That about sums it up!!

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS