Composite wood decking in boat

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by gocards, May 4, 2008.

1. gocards

gocards New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Anyone use this stuff before. I have now heard there is mold problems with it. We were thinking of using it for a boat floor only.

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I see it put on alot of decks when i'm doing masonry on houses. The stuff is heavy and expensive is bout all i know of it. It's also pretty weak as far as load bearing is concerned.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    When adding to a boat, repairing a boat, or even building a boat there is one thought that should never stray far from the project.
    WEIGHT.
    It's not hard to turn a decent boat into a dog of a boat.

That name plate rating on the hull only includes the hull. Anything you add to the boat including gas, people, fake wood decking, swivel chairs, bait wells, lunch box, batteries, beer, etc all must have their weight subtracted from the name plate. Once you reach zero, you are on your own.

5. gocards

gocards New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Once you reach zero, your on your own about sums it up I guess.

6. chyannespapa

chyannespapa New Member

State:
    nc
    save youself some time and money go ahead and install aluminum slick plate you can get .125 gauge in 5x10 foot sheets for about 350.00 and you will have about 1/3 the weight when installed and about 1/50 of the weight when the wood gets waterlogged and you can also rhino line the aluminum at a added weight of about 10lbs.good luck and tight lines!!!!!

7. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC

where did you find the aluminum sheets?