compition bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i am looking into buying a new competition bow this fall/winter. i have never shot competition before, although i am a good shot, and hunted with a bow for years. i like mathews bows personally, but i am not against getting another brand. i was wondering if anyone can give me some help picking/finding a new competition bow to shoot/buy.

2. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Jeremy, I have competed and hunted with PSE bows...maybe just check em out...good luck

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I have one and it is a PSE Thunderbolt. It is set up for 3D or indoor. Everything is black and red. Check it sites with a powered scope with a lighted optic. Super stick stabelizer 40in long, and many more bells and whistles. I have shot and won many tourney's with it and love it.

4. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I shot a High Country bow in a local shoot a few years back. Won several trophies, harvested a bit of meat for the table. There was 3 or 4 dozen guys that competed.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Jeremy the best advice to you is go to different pro shops and shoot different bows. If a bow is not comfertable to you. You will not shoot well with it. Shoot different poundages. You dont have to shoot high poundage to get good speeds. I shot competition with a diamond black ice in comp colors. 60 lb pull 29 inch draw and 300 grain arrows at 299 fps. I took a couple of third places in the open division in outdoor 3D before I gave it up to go back to do serious catfishing. Do your home work and find what is the best bow for you. All brands make good bows noadays in my opinion. Get all the advice you can and then make the best descision for you not because it worked for someone else. Good luck on your purchase.
    Tom

6. 1 catbuster

1 catbuster New Member

State:
    Union Mo
    Well put Tom reps to you