Commerial Fisherman Busted...

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by price, Jan 29, 2008.

1. price

price New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The TWRA busted commercial fisherman taking paddle fish against state reg's. Way to go wildlife officers! Hope they catch all the ones that illegally take catfish. Here is the link. We all know that commercial fisherman would never do anything illegal or that would hurt a lake or river:wink:

http://www.state.tn.us/twra/news/paddlefish.html

2. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    its guys like that who give the rest of us a bad name

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    yep,,what superman said..

4. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    Most, at least all of the commercial fishermen I know, won't but there are some that do just like there are some recreational fishermen that break laws. I wish the game wardens could catch everyone of them, from the illegal commercial down to the the recreational fishermen that break game laws. It's these few that give all a bad name.
    With proper reglations and enforcement there is no reason the commercial and sport fishing industries can't coexist, and both prosper.

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Lock Um Up and THROW the key away.JMHO J.D.

6. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    WELL SAID GRIZ!!!

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    They need to lose ALL fishing privileges for their lifetimes!

8. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    They need to enforce those fines, strip them of there license and keep the boat and all tackle.

9. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Terrible to read that story.

They do need the book thrown at them. It is one thing to break a red-tape type law due to ignorance, it's another to blatantly harm an animal by cutting its stomach open knowing full well you aren't supposed to.

I'd hit 'em with the max penalties in this case.

10. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    These Jerks need to be in prison, then all comercial fishing needs to be outlawed.

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Guys they do it here also. And this is the E-mail I just hit send on a minute ago.
    Pete

((Two Commercial Fishermen Cited For Illegal Method Used To Check For Paddlefish Roe
    Just read this on your section.))

And the ones here do the same thing. They cut open each fish. And then toss them back in. I for one Think they need to have to carry the fish off the water to take the eggs.
    You have them do this on days when there's a lot of fisherman out with kids fishing. And its deal game fish and spoonbill floating down the river. Please stop them from doing this.
    They also each year throw back a lot of big blues that are dead. I seen a few last year that looked like they hit them in the head with a ball peen hammer . If I see it again you can get there will be plenty of pictures.
    Also do you know when the 34" law will come back up again? I hope we can get it back to only one per sports fisherman per day. Or better yet no fish over 34" taken out
    Thanks

12. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've been fishing before in a chute behind an island and had a commercial fisherman come next to me, drop a gill net beat on the side of his boat to scare the fish into it. I've seen several people snag a wintering hole for spoonbill during the winter out of season.

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Kudos to the Tennessee Valley Authority. I hope to be reading alot more articles such as these in the near future. :wink:

14. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    AMEN!!!!! Couldn't have said it better myself!

15. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people can be. They had all the equipment there to make it all legal and chose to ignore it and use a blade. Well it will cost them a lot more in the long run. They could have been 3000 richer and not having to go to court by just doing it the right way.

16. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Lawful or unlawful, commercial fisherman are rapping our resource. Just my opion and you know what they say about opions!

17. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Good for the Department of Wildlife!!!!!:wink:

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Barb on this. One strike and you are out.
    JD if you lock them up, you will have to pay for their upkeep.:big_smile:

19. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    What they should lose fishing for lifetime.Instead of prison make them clean up the river banks 50 hrs per fish.

20. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The bad part is, They can take away there permit for spoonbill fishing. But there brothers or dad has one. So they fish under his. And keep on going.
    Pete