Commercial shad

Discussion in 'Shad Talk' started by bluehunter, Apr 6, 2006.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Do anybody know of commercial fisherman that ships frozen shad(gizzard,skipjack,suckers) wholesale? I want to try to use these fish for bait but do not have access to getting some of these baitfish. Any help would be appreciated.

2. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I've got some extra shad I'd be glad to send ya, as long as you paid for the dry ice and shipping. They're only 3 inch shad in case you were wondering.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Brian, I have a whole freezer full, come on over to Ohio and I will give you a bunch!;)

4. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Fellas I am willing to pay for shipment thats no biggy. If you have some shad good enought to use for a good piece of cut bait that is fine. I would however still like info on commercial guys that gets a steady supply of good size bait to use. I like to use big pieces, but I'll settle for average size ones as well.

I know it will have to be shipped overnight to still be useful and at least halfway frozen so let me know.

5. mississippicatfisher

mississippicatfisher New Member

State:
    Pontotoc, Mississippi
    i tried some freeze dried shad i got from a bait shop, didnt work to well.

6. frisco66

frisco66 New Member

State:
    NE
    i'd be interested in some shad,can someone work something out with me,as long as they aren't freezer burned.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Just curious, Brian, have you tried anchovies? I used them occasionally for rockfish when I lived in Santa Maria. They sure stink worse than shad.

8. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yes I have tried chovies before, I would rather use the sardines though because they hold better than anchovies do becaus eteh anchovies can become really soft and fall apart to easily. But Anchovies do work when fished frozen, just have to replace it often on your hook.