Commercial bait tank

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Fever, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Here's a couple of pics of a bait tank that Jerald (Catfish Quiver) and I recently bought, I think it was a steal really, $150. It's 7' long 30" wide and about 2" deep, has four screen dividers and a screened filter section,and a seperate section for hanging an agitator, which we have. It's made of fiberglass and is in very good shape. Not only the tank was included in the price, we got 45+ perch and goldfish, (large) and 35+ crawdads (small to large). We'd been using a stock tank, this'll be a lot handier.
    Similar ones I checked out on line were going for $800/900 bucks.
    The purpose of the board and weights on top is to hold down the base inside the bottom of the tank which was slightly warped from being outside the tank. Once it reforms to the bottom, we'll be able to take the weights off.

Attached Files:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Sweet!!!!! I wish I could find one like that around here!!!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I think I am turning green with envy. Great find I hope it serves you well.

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like a bargain to me, nice find.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Nice tank there.
    JW just get you a stock tank and use it. Works good.
    Some of the bait shops here use them.
    Pete

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Thanks all. We were using a stock tank, we'd had a couple of small Carp and Perch in it, it had an inch of ice on the top, when we emptied the water, they were still alive, been in there since last summer, couldn't believe it. They're in the new tank now, in the garage, lots cozier in there:roll_eyes:

7. Tuttlecat

Tuttlecat Active Member

State:
    Wamego, Kansas,
    Great looking tank! I wish I knew where to consistently get small carp.

8. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    sweet setup shure it will get plenty of use

9. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Nice Looking Tank & A Great Deal.

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jim, where did you find a tank like that? I'm looking for somethiing to build a home tank from right now, without spending a small fortune. I've been thinking along the lines of an old freezer, or maybe some of the 50 gal plastic drums I have. Thanks

11. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    My father built one out of an old deep freezer that he had. That is probibly the cheapest and best way to go ill call him and she what all he used and post that information.

12. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    I had a huge chest type freezer set up for a bait tank. I used a double tubed stock tank bubbler (keep tank from icing over) as and aereator. I also had a pump that circulated the water out of a pvc tube with holes I made.
    This commercial tank is just a lot handier with the dividers. We can keep our crawdads, goldfish, carp and perch seperated.
    But if a guy can find an old chest freezer, it's not a lot of trouble to convert it. Most have a drain at the bottom too.