Comments on abu record 60HC baitcaster

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by SRWELDON, Feb 28, 2008.

1. SRWELDON

SRWELDON New Member

State:
    iowa
    I am new to this site but I don't see anyone talking about the abu record series 60HC. I bought one last summer. I like it. Just wanted to know if anyone else had one and what they think of it. I am looking to buy a new reel here in a couple of weeks can't decide if I want to go with the 7000C3i or the 10000i any help would be great.:big_smile:

2. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    welcome aboard brother. i don't have a 60 but i do have the 7000ic3,7000 big game,9000 big game and a 10000 big game. i use 9000 and 10000 for snagging spoonbill they are like a winch. the 7000ic3 is a good reel i have 3 of them they hold about 325 yards of 20 pound line. i just recently bought the 7000 big game it only holds about 200 yards of 20 pound line but i think it casts better and feels more solid than the ic3. . i fish out of a boat so i dont think the line capacity differance is that big of a deal. hope this helps.

3. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Welcome to BOC Shawn, I do have two of the RCN 60 reels, and find them to be excellent reels. I bought mine when they first came out, I had been reading the reviews on them and found the feedback to be positive. I also have the 7000 C3 (older model) I've had mine about ten years now, and I've had good service out of mine. I know they have made some improvments in the C3 reels, and I have read good things about them.

4. SRWELDON

SRWELDON New Member

State:
    iowa
    the only thing I don't like about my 60 is the bait clicker button. It is cheap and plastic. Not like the metal one that sits on the side of most the abus'

5. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    I have a Record 60 that is a very competent reel.

6. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    That slide for the line alarm is OK, Its all good on the inside,lol..I have 2 new 60 HC's and they hav'nt seen the water yet..SOON very SOON :wink:

oH the reel is great..

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a new one, it's almost to pretty to fish with!

8. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I've been looking at the Record, and the Calcutta, and now I'm mired in a swamp of indecision. Any thoughts?

9. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Welcome to the BOC from Indiana.

10. SRWELDON

SRWELDON New Member

State:
    iowa
    thanks for the info guys:big_smile: