Coming to York, South Carolina and need some good spots to fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by brandonmoskwa, Jun 27, 2006.

1. brandonmoskwa

brandonmoskwa New Member

i will be coming down to my grandmas house for 2-3 weeks for vacation in york SC.she lives about 5 miles from lake wylie.i am looking for a place to catch some flatheads but have no idea where to look.if anyone could help me or if you want to fish let me know i will pm you my number.i fished by Tbones last year and never caught anything

2. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    will you be bank fishing or in a boat? I live about 15 minute from the lake in Clover. I keep hearing the fishing is good below the dam when the water is running. If you are on the bank, like me, we could give that a shot. Let me know if you're interested, I'll PM you my info.

tatersalad

3. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If you're targeting flatheads you might be dissapointed around here. But we need more info, are you bank fishing, or do you have a boat?

4. brandonmoskwa

brandonmoskwa New Member

yes i am bank fishing.i am looking for flatheads thats what we fish for in ohio.seems like everyone in SC fish for blues.tatersalad yes im am interested in going send me you info.last time i was thier i was by myself the hole time.

5. brandonmoskwa

brandonmoskwa New Member

the only blues i have caught were out of a pond.and the guy stocked it with them and feeds them them pellet things.they are huge though some probly in the 50lb are

6. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Well, Lake Wylie isn't known for flatheads. But it's full of channels. Out of the last year I've probably only caught a dozen or so flats.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Good article on Wylie catfishing in the current S.C. Sportsman but it speaks mainly to channels.

8. brandonmoskwa

brandonmoskwa New Member

well is thier any other lakes or rivers with flats or huge blues.i hear the flats are alot bigger down south because they grow all year.

9. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    my personal best (can't say this with a straight face) flat head came out of Wylie @ 3 1/2 #

:oops:

We'll have to get out there and see what we can pull out!

10. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    high rock lake has a lot of flats but your looking at a 1 hour ride but i dont know where to tell you go. i just know their in there with fishable numbers. you may hit it right fishing badin dam too. there is a lot of flat in that area right now or was i think they maybe bedding now. there is some bank fishing there but again you looking at a 1hour drive. both of these lakes are in n.c. badin has some nice blues also.

11. brandonmoskwa

brandonmoskwa New Member

3 1/2 pounder thats a big one. i have a 1lber in my fish tank.you should see that thing eat.it just inhales the gills no pecking at it like the little channels i had

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey your best bet might be to head on down to santee and fish the canal for a few days if your going to be down for a few weeks. you can rent some cabins right on the canal there. last time i was down there the cabins where 35-45 bucks a night. need to call and may plans because they do book up in the summer months.