Coming to visit and want to catfish!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by snakeman455, Apr 21, 2007.

1. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I live in Oklahoma and am coming up there this weekend for my sister-in-laws wedding. I will be around the westmiddlesex/sharon/new castle part of western Pa. I asked my mother-in-law's boyfriend to take me fishing but he doesn't do much catfishing and doesn't know where to go. Any suggestions? I really don't have the time to travel very far from where I will be. Hopefully there is a lake or river close to there. Please help if you can.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Cameron - My best advice from the New Castle area would be to head east and fish Lake Arthur at Moraine State Park. There is a good population of Channel Cats in this water. Another option would be to head south and hit the Ohio River. Keep in mind that the water is still cold here in Western Pa. and the Cat bite is still slow. Water temp. on the Allegheny River where I fished Sat. afternoon was only 40*. Good luck to you and let us know how you do!:0a26:

3. snakeman455

snakeman455 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks Scott. I didn't realize the water was still so cold up there. I'm going to try anyway. I can't seem to let myself miss any opportunity at catfishing. I'll get with my wifes family up there and ask about these two places. Thanks for the advice.

4. delawareriver

delawareriver Member

State:
    bath pa
    haha yea normaly they are a touch warmer but we had a very cold spring after a mild winter. dont worry we have some nice weather this weekend and the river i fish jumped 6 degrees the last 2 days and we still have 2 80* to go before a few 60* days next week so im sure it will warm up nicely over the next week