COMING TO U

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by slikk03, May 25, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    NOW THIS APLYS TO BLUES TO, , BUT IVE NOTICED, ILL GET A CLIK, THEN, THEY DART STRAGHT TOWD ME, IM THINKING, THIS BAITS SWALOWED, THEN THEY ALMOST HIT THE BANK, AND STOP, YOU WAIT TO FEEL A TUG, BUT NOTHING, THEY SPIT IT OUT, WHAT DO YOU DO TO GET A HOOKSET WEN THEY DO THIS, IF YOU KEEP REELING IN THEY SPIT IT OUT RIGHT BEFORE THEY GET A BOUT TEN YARDS FROM THE BANK, HAD THISD HAPPEN, WITH ALL CATS BUT MAINLY FLATS AND BLUES

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I DO THEN WHAT, SET THE HOOK WHILE HEES COMMING TO YOU

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I agree. Reel like hell then set when you catch up with him.I,ve never been able to get em all when they,re coming at me,I figure some fish just aint meant to be caught that night.You,ll know where he,s at the next trip out.:wink:

5. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I deal with the same thing. Reel up some then wait for em to turn. Somtimes they bite like that. Let em turn then hammer em. Its the mark of a educated trot line fish that is a ace @ stealen bait. Or its just gar lol.

6. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well this was a blue that did it to me, and he never turned, jus came in and droped it 15 yards from the shore