Coming to Springfield, any good places?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by oh_darn, Nov 15, 2007.

1. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    I'm coming up from Oklahoma for about a week to visit my family in Springfield. Anyone know any decent places I could go, and that I could get to from the bank, since I don't have a boat?

2. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I don't know of any places to fish around there. But be sure to check out Bass Pro while you're there. It's a pretty big one.

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Not only the Bass Pro but also check out the Wonders of Wildlife Museum that is right next door! That is a very neat place!

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    When I was down there I mostly fished for smallmouth, channel cats and trout. Taneycomo is down in Branson and is hard to beat for trout fishing. The James River is a great place to catch smallmouth and channel cats. You need a pair of wader for both of those spots this time of year. You can go out to Lake Springfield and fish above and below the dam and catch some fish. If you do have waders and want catfishing (channel cats) I would go south on 13 until you start seeing signs for a trout pond and turn (right) on that road. Take it back a ways past the trout pond until you cross a bridge and there is a parking area on the right side. Go down river and there are two log jams just downstream about two hundred yards that will hold nice cats and smallmouth. I would take a cast net or whatever you can to catch those creek chubs, cut them into small chunks for cats and whole and live for smallies and throw them up by the log jams and hold on! Now for the disclaimer.... I have not fished down there in a few years so that river could have changed a little but the fish will still be somewhere.

5. oh_darn

oh_darn New Member

State:
    Nixa, MO
    alright, thanks. ill be sure to post the results of the trip when i get back.