Coming to Santee Cooper Lake

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by laidbck111, Feb 13, 2007.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Just warning you guys I will be down in South Carolina next onth on the 22 and 23 doing some fishing. We will be putting in at Jack's Creek Marina. Fishing west of I-95 in some coves we have had some good luck in the last few years. We will be in a 24 foot pontoon so if anyone wants to swing by and fish are share some lies come on by.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a marina are baitshop that sold herring live? I can't get Jacks creek marina to answer the phone and my other bait shop is no longer around.

2. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Benji
    I fish that area during that time of the year and buy herring or shad at Poplar Creek Marina wich is in the cove next to Santee State Park or just buy them at Rivers end store in Santee at exit 98. Ill keep a eye out for you guys....

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Packs landing should have plenty also. Good luck with the fish.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Benji I just read where you were starting a new job, and you are already taking a vacation. Must be nice. I think you got a position, not a job. Good luck on your paid Vac.:big_smile_2:

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Thanks I will check them out, via the net are phone whichever they have
    Thanks I will look into them
    Mickey I told them about my yearly trip/trips to Santee before they offered me the job, thank goodness. My Captain and Cheif both ok'd the trip before I accepted the position. Luckily they are both fisherman.

Hey guys thanks for the info on the baitshops.

6. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    hey laidbck goodluck on your trip,save some for us.and give us a report when you get back.

7. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good luck on your fishing trip. Have you tried Pack's landing, it's not to far from Jack's. Here is their info. They usually have ive bait.(9890 Pack's Landing RD. Rimini,SC 29125. Phone: (803) 452-5514.) Maybe I'll see you there.

8. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    last time i was down, I got them at Ned's, Not exactly sure where it is, but i passed it before the diversion canal on the way to harry's on the left

9. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    i believe that neds is right there on 45

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

hey guys thanks for the info, I will be down on the 22 and 23. Launching out of Jack's creek. With the info yall gave me I found a few places that said they should have are will have herring whe we get there. Stop by if you are out and see us and say hey.

11. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Last Nov. when I was down Neds had shad and herring. It is on the left before canal on the way to harry's.