Coming to missouri

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by catchaser19, Feb 4, 2007.

1. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Hey guys i will be in missouri the first week in september. I will be staying in boonville. I need to know if there are any catfish guides in that general area iam planning to hire a guide for the first day that iam there. I also need to know if there are any places to rent a boat and launch in the missouri river in that area. Any info that you think may help make my trip to boonville more enjoyable would be extremely appreciated.:big_smile:

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I am not sure about any of your questions but I just wanted to welcome you the the Great state of Missouri. I am sure some of the great people on here will help you out with your questions... Good luck fishing....

3. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Just north of town (on MO-5 / I think), across the river there is a public fishing access with a ramp. The water is pretty swift there and at times it's hard to trailer your boat. I prefer to put my boat in at the Lamine River access about five miles northwest of Boonville, becasuse there is no current. It's three of four miles down to the Missouri. I have caught a lot of fish where the Lamine meets the Missouri. I Mostly fish around the mouth of the Limine and up the Missouri River. You can usually find shad on the Lamine as you work your way down to the Missouri. Not a clue where you might be able to rent a boat. As you go into town (west most exit / 101 mile marker) there is a marine repair shop that sits next to Mellors Rental, they may be able to point you in the right direction.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    There aren't many Missouri River catfish guides - Richard Gebhardt lives near Columbia and used to guide on the river, but when I contacted him last spring about going fishing, he said he wasn't guiding anymore. Don't know if that's changed or not. He referred me to a fellow named Glen Jasper but I never followed up on it. I'd imagine you can find contact information for both of those guys if you search Google for their names.

I don't know about boat rental, but I seriously doubt there's anyone willing to rent a boat for use on the Missouri River. You might try calling some of the boat dealers in Columbia or Jefferson City and see if they can give you any clues.

5. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Thanx guys i knew the brotherhood could get me out of this pickle. Iam sure i will have a great time in missouri

6. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    I looked into a rental boat and i don't think that is going to happen. So what do you guys think about me towing my own boat to missouri from salt lake city. I figure if i grease the crap out of the trailer wheel bearings right before i set out i should be alright what do you guys think.:confused2:

7. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Do you have bearing buddies on your trailer? If so, just throw the grease gun in the bow of the boat. When ya stop for gas, re-grease your bearings. Bearing buddies are life savers on long trips.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Tyler, you mentioned you were going to be here the first week of september. Are you only going to be here a week? If it were me, I wouldnt tow my boat from Utah for a week of fishing. Way too many things that can go wrong, coupled with the cost of fuel for towing it that far. My advice, keep in touch with everyone on here until then. I'm betting you could hook up 3-4 fishing trips with BOC brothers from the boonville area who will be glad to have the company, and most importantly who know that stretch of river and its hazards. Interestingly enough, along with knowing the river's gotchas, they might know a blue cat lair or two. :roll_eyes:

9. catchaser19

catchaser19 New Member

State:
    UTAH
    Yea sad but true i will omly be in the boonville area for about a week. You have a point but with me bringing my own boat i know i can get on the water and not have to worry about somebody elses schedule. If someone out there would be willing to take me and a couple family members fishing i would be glad to pay for gas or munchies to help compensate for time and so forth. You can send me an e-mail at catchaser_19@yahoo.com If you are willing to offer your time and watercraft with a dash of local knowledge:cool2: