Coming soon....

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by LEROYDOZOIS, May 7, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    BLOWGUN FISHING

I FINALLY GOT A PROTOTYPE THAT WORKS FOR SHOOTING SMALL TO 4LB FISH ( IN MY CASE CARP ) AND OTHER FISH LIKE BLUEGILL ( THAT GET CLOSE TO THE SURFACE )

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    4lb fish.

my only Q is are you able to retrieve these fish? shooting a fish with a dart to have them swim off to die i cant agree with no matter how neet it may seem.

a 4 lb fish is not a dink and do you have a line tied to dart???

to accept this as a neet deal or sport i would need more detail. but shooting darts into fish to swim off and die or suffer infection weather carp or gar dont sit right with me. how about some more info.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    im not jumping on ya or nothing. i accept noodeling and jugging trotlines and respect all sorts of fishing methods. i frequently stand on the alternative side os catfishing. BUT im totally disagree with want and waste. shooting animals just to kill them is my point.

but your blowgun sounds cool. but i just dont see putting arrows in elk if they never are found if ya get what im asking.

fill us in.

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i totally get wat ur saying.... im like that too whenever i see kids shooting rabbits and stuff like that FOR NO REASON it boils my blood

PART 2

I TOOK A HOLE PUNCH AND STAMPED OUT SOME ( PISTONS ) FOR THE ??" D 10 '' ?? (NOT SURE WHAT I HAVE) NAILS I GOT. THE MATERIAL IS OUT OF A MILK JUG BECAUSE I NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT IT WATERLOGING OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT

THE HOLE PUNCH FITS THE INSIDE DIAMETER ON MY 6' 1/2" CONDUIT PIPE
    THE REEL ON MY BLOWGUN IS AN OLD DIAWA REEL THAT HAS 20 LB FIRELINE CRYSTAL IN IT

WHERE THE BARBS ARE...... I TOOK A STAPLE ( FOR LIKE CABINET ASSEMBLY)AND CUT 1 SIDE OFF ...... CENTERED IT...... AND THEN STARTED TO BEND IT

NOW...... THOSE OF YOU WITH OTHER BLOWGUN EXPERIENCE MAY NO THAT THE FLAT ARROW PISTON WILL NOT BE FOR SHOTS 30FT AWAY... ALSO THAT THE ACTUAL ARROW IS ONLY 3 INCHES LONG SO IT IS A TOTAL SURFACE ARROW....... MY TATIC IS TO PUT SOME CRACKERS,BREAD,AND CORN ON THE SURFACE AND WAIT FOR SOME CARP TO GET AROUND AND START FEEDING ON IT

THE CARP GOES FOR CHUM FOR CATFISHING AND THE SOIL HERE IS TERIBLE SO I HAVE NEIGHBORS MIX THE CARP FOR MULCH OR SOMETHING ( IM NOT A PLANTER SO I DONT KNOW WAT IM TALKING ABOUT )

HERES SOME PICTURES

ANYMORE QUESTIONS JUST ASK

Attached Files:

5. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    MY ONLY SPECIES OF FISH I GO AFTER IS CARP

THE GILLS ( THAT IVE SEEN ) ARE WAY TO SMALL AND I WOULD FEEL BAD IF I SHOT 1 OF THEM

WHEN I SHOOT.... I WAIT TIL THERE HEADS ARE OUT OF THE WATER AND FEEDING ON THE SURFACE THEN I AIM FOR THE GILLS ( USUALLY GETTING THE TOP OF EM )

IVE BEEN SHOOTING BLOWGUNS FOR 4 YEARS AND I HAVENT HAD AS MUCH FUN AS I HAVE WHEN I SHOOT AND FISH AT THE SAME TIME :big_smile:

6. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    intresting rig there. we used to hunt rabbits with ours. took skill to head a head shot. i was pretty darn good. i still have a short one i shoot aroung the shop now and then.

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    :wink:Looking pretty cool. Just got a question for ya. Do you have a mouthpiece on it or just the pipe? Just seems that small of a pipe would be hard to get some serious pressure. Other than that ya got a great idea.

8. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    OZZY, I GOT A PIC OF MY MOUTH PIECE FOR U TOO..... I TRIMED IT OUT OF SOLID NYLON STOCK ON OUR LATHE :wink:

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      8 KB
      Views:
    • 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      10.3 KB
      Views:
  9. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    COMPLETE LINE OF ARROWS THAT I FINISHED TODAY

THE 1 THAT I USED AS A PROTOTYPE IS RETIRED TO BE MY PRATICE ARROW NOW

Attached Files:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    you remind me of myself. your very creative. cool looking arrows there.:wink:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I had some serious doubts about this when you first posted ,Leroy. But with these pics ,I can see you are very inventive and precise in what you are trying to accomplish. I think it will def. work keep us informed on the progress,and great work.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    same here richard. thought it sounded like just popping a dart in a fish to swim off and die. but thats why i asked for info. and hes definattly into this and thats cool. hes very creative.

hows the vilocity with the nails? i know that blowguns transfer energy very well. does it really work good with a heavy dart?

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I use to make them about 25 years ago with pvc and 8d vinyl sinkers. I could put them through a 1x6 at 50 feet when I had lungs. Me and a hunting buddy came up with the idea after watching a national geographic episode on tv pre-cable.

14. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    Leroy I gotta tell ya, McGyver has nothin' on ya bro! I kinda had my doubts about what you were sayin till ya started adding pictures. Keep up the good work.