Coming Out Of The Closet

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by fishinpals, Sep 5, 2006.

1. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    That probably got your attention!! No, no, no. I mean how many are willing to admit they like carp fishing.
    Most fishermen won't admit they like to carp fish but I love the battle these fish provide. They are nothing but raw power, and yes I like carp fishing.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Used to have tons of Gold Carp here in New Jersey 30 years ago. Used to catch them with corn when we were kids!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I would like to catch some. I just can't seem to find them. I guess they know they will be bait if I catch them, at least one anyway. from the stories I have read here they sound like a good fight.

4. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    We use to fish the eddies with corn or make dough balls with strawberry jello ,when I was a kid .

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    A local pond I get my bait at has some HUGE carp.I'm gonna go over with my ultralight and a can of corn and try to catch one or two.

6. Jordan

Jordan New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I started carp fishing this summer and can't get enough of it.

7. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    ive tryed it, cant member catching but maybe 1 or 2.. just too smart... the ones i caught were maybe 2-3lbs at a PayL.... yeah

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

where are you catching yours?

9. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Ya scared me Jim, LMAO.

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I fish for them once in a while, they are fun to catch. I caught one last spring that weighed 15 Lbs.

11. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    jim i like to catch carp. for the fight i mean.

12. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Jim I fish for them Bad Boys! And I really enjoy it. I have two rods set up just for that, and your right they are real fighters also. we put on a Big feed a copple times a year and deep Fry them Duds Up.Yum,Yum,Yum, Carp is sometimes a Bad word so We just call them Bug Eyed BASS! LOL Your Friend J.D.

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    my name is darryl and i would like to come out of the closet too.:tounge_out:

LOL yeah i would love to catch a nice big carp.
    i have tried to but they must either be very leerie
    or smarter than me.
    i have fished at a couple lakes that have 3-4 footers
    man i bet they would be a blast to haul in.

ive heard they like corn and crawlers as well as dough balls
    but ive never had any luck.

we were fishin\g in the mississippi a few days ago and my brotherinlaw caught a 8-10 lb one on either cut skip or a crawler i will ask him
    for sure what it was he was useing.

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I've always enjoyed Carp fishing! I've caught about a half dozen this year that have broke the 30" mark. Talk about screaming drags and tired arms. The Carp takes a back seat to no fish when it comes to brute power!

15. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    I love to catch carp. Aint nothing like the fight of a carp taking off on good run. But I'll always have the catfish fever!!

16. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I too am a carpaholic....lol.

17. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    I love fishing for carp... I hate the bluegills though when i'm going for them... Can't seem to keep them off the worms, corn or bread balls at the spots i go and can see the carp just sitting up in the shallows... *sigh* ULing carp is a blast too though... The best lake i've ever seen them they are still a challenge to get but when they are on its a blast :)

18. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    We used a very small hook , and very liitle weight , will have to call my dad and pick his brain , he was the expert .

19. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Each year FishinPals sponsors a couple of "Bugle Mouth Tournaments" (carp) at our junction pond. There are several in there over 10 pounds and I haven't caught more that 5 under 10. My wife has caught the largest of 17 lbs. Heard of a 33 pounder being caught but didn't see it. When one of the kids get a hold a a big ole carp everyone on the pond drops everything and comes a runnin.

Dcp_0041 (500 x 376).jpg
    Dcp_0028A (500 x 375).jpg

20. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I love to fish for carp. Carp are fun to catch while waiting on a big catfish to bite.