Coming home to Indiana!

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Blacky, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Will be visiting my parents in Evansville in the middle of August. Have caught not a flathead in Indiana since 1992. If any of you fellow members wanna get together, please let me know.

2. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Blacky it sounds like a plane me.

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    where in Evansville will you be? i live on the west side of E-ville,when ya get here be sure to hit me up....i wont promise you anything but i can promise you ill try my hardest to get ya on some flatties as long as ya dont mind banking it...but august seems to be a pretty productive time of year for good flatties.

4. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Let me know when you get here, i might be able to take you out.

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    My parents live behind the airport. I lived there my whole life until 1997. I graduated from Mater dei in 1992.

Fished Lake Gibson alot as a kid.

Never fished the Ohio

Also, Bowfins or grindles are considered a prized catch here is SE PA so if any of you know a local spot, I'll be up for that. We used to have to drive all the way to Petersburg to catch them.

Caught all my flatheads at a pay lake near the Stucco House in St. Phillips (Mt. Vernon). Would like to get my first Wild Hoosier FLATTY.

Never fished Hovey Lake (would really like to)

Thanks for the quick response. I'll keep you posted.

6. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    lol if ya want bowfin i can take ya to a place youll catch more than your fill,sometimes when the cattin is slow i go out a mess with em,can usually catch em all year long on just about anything ya throw at em. i know hovey lake pretty well too....just let us know and im sure it would be no problem to get ya on some fish.

7. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    welcome back to indiana brother.