coming down nov 28,29 - catfishing dutch gap

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by getthenet, Nov 6, 2008.

1. getthenet

getthenet New Member

State:
    ohio
    coming down nov 28,29 to fish putting in at dutch gap ramp where is the best place to stay and good place to eat. might just sleep in truck. but i do want to find a good place to eat. anyone catching anything in the area im gonna befishing. thanks

2. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Yes, good fish are being caught in DG and Nov 28 29 should be a good time.

Check out the Comfort Inn in Chester. Plenty of good places to eat...there is a Hooters on Rt 10, Pizza Hut, Friendlys etc....Maybe a mile down the road from where you turn to go to the ramp.

Good luck!

3. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    I am heading down saturday nov 8 I will give a report during the week while I am down there if they still have a computor in the office of the motel.I stay at the days inn in chester only $362 a week have been there six times with no problems,just lock your stuff up.Like Josh said there are many places to eat in the area.If you need some info on the area send me a pm.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Jim, We stayed at the Comfort in Chester with no problems. Plenty of good food nearby. Let me know how you do cause I might head down there as my back straightens out. Good luck. Call me if you want to borrow my gill net.

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    For you guys coming down for a whole week, you should check out Intown Suites in Chester. I know we all love Comfort Inn (and their waffle breakfast), but when I come down for a week in Nov I'm gonna try Intown. It's $229 for 7 nights (used to be $199 :sad2:). But it comes with a full kitchen in each room, and on-site laundry facilities. Worth a look. Don't know of any reports on the place though.

6. F250SD-Baby!!

F250SD-Baby!! New Member

State:
    Virginia

Hey Pritch, that Intown, is that on Rt. 1 or on Rt. 10...(sad isn't it!? I live 15 minutes from DG, & don't know where the places to stay are!) I know there is one on Rt 10. Its on the corner at an intersection...there's a Race Way gas station, that hotel, and a Hardees on three of the corners. the road between the gas station and the hotel leads to DG too. Sorry, I suck with street names.:wink: