Comin down your area

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by jerseycat9, Aug 7, 2006.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Alright Georgia look out. Ill be movin there by Sept. 18 gonna be living right on Lake Lanier in the Gainseville area anyone got info on that lake would help also how far is everyone from there?Im also gonna need new fishing partners?

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    good luck on the move brother im sure some one will set you up

3. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    ahh lake lanier...use to fish there quite a bit........ok leme give u a quick and small tour of the lake

Lake Lanier is purely famous for their massive Striped Bass. Lake Lanier also has a wide variety of creatures but the northern largemouth bass are dissappearing slowly. Plenty 'o' catfish.

Lake Lanier is a deep lake. It goes down to 210 feet and its a big lake. Lake Lanier is a rocky lake too. it has some rocky bottom surfaces as well as sudden drops in depth. Also, for offshore fishing, which is good at lake lanier....you will find some small bay-like areaa with some large rocks you can sit on without getting wet. theres usually some catfish there so try those spots out.

When u got the time go drive over to the Buford Dam and youll find the Chattahoochee River. Perfect place for some good trout, and the water in that area is in a slow current and crystal clear, and the trout bite any time of the year. Also the Chattahoochee has some catfish but you need to head more south for those beauties.

Also when u drive over the buford dam on your right is a long stretch of land that goes out about 100 feet or so. Pretty good spot, i had some success there.

Theres also a mall called Discover Mills. its not a far drive from the buford dam. It has a Bass Pro Shop there which has tons of baits and lures there. I dont know what the fish are biting on right now because i live in cobb county now so youll have to guess or ask other georgia members.

Be sure to look up other parts of the Georgia section as you will find some great tips there. Welcome to The Peach State brother! Hope you like Lake Lanier as much as i did!!!:cool2:

4. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    ALSO forgot 1 thing in what the bream (baitfish) bite. Salmon eggs are great for the baitfish there so go to the bass pro shop and get some. The trout also bite on those suckers year round. Salmon eggs work on some lakes, a lot of them they dont. Thats cause the baitfish have never seen em as often as they have in lake lanier. And if ur up for the drive, maybe we can fish sometime later on when ur all settled in with your new house or something. Havent done much fishing this year. (parents trying to sell a house). well what can u do about that?

Well good luck on lake lanier and if you need anymore help im here for ya.
    also good luck moving!

5. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Welcome in advance to Ga I live in houston co. just south of Macon maybe we can get together some don;t know much about Lake Lanier

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thanks for the welcome guys Im looking forward to it. New Jersey has become a mad house the past couple of years and the catfishing is..........average at best