Comin down to Murray next weekend(21st to 23rd)

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by big-muddy, Sep 14, 2007.

1. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    Im comin down to play at a little festival at a campground outside murray that is right on Ken lake. I'm bringin a 14' jon with a 17' thrust trolling motor(my 7.5. needs a new carb). Im just lookin for someone in the area whos not busy to maybe show me around. there is a boat launch at the campground, but the owner says its so low its completly out of the water. i have all afternoon and night friday. i have to play saturday, and i have all day and night sunday. so if anybody in the area feels like bein a guide for a day or even comin out and checkin out the show(i could probably get you in free if you like that sort of thing), i would be much appreciative. Most of the kids that go down there are from Chicago and i dont like hangin around them, so im gonna be fishin it up! and yes, just like last year, some kids from the city will be sent on a snipe hunt!:smile2:

2. lilgriz

lilgriz New Member

State:
    Aurora, KY
    man, i just live up the road from murray in aurora! wish i could show you a few spots but i have to work! don't fish kentucky lake much but if you go to barkely, devils elbow or energy lake are pretty good spots.

3. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    I work the same shift as lilgriz so I'll be working too. Stop at the Golden Pond visitors center in LBL and pick up a map, I prefer fishing out of he LBL side of the lakes because boat ramps are free and there is also alot of bank access for fishing from shore.

4. smells like old liver!

smells like old liver! New Member

State:
    kentucky
    hey griz's did yall catch any good ones last week after the rain? we are doing some bowhunting this weekend at lbl. I should another truck load of goodies for yall's grill.

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    No big ones yet, but the rain and cooler temps have finally got the water cooled to below 80 degrees. Hopefully that will help.

6. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    ended up fishing barkley dam from the bank. got skunked, the problem wasnt the fishing, it was the lack of baitfish. i threw my castnet like 50 times up and down the bank but only got one tiny skipjack. i was there from 2 to 4 pm and it was really hot out. im thinkin that could have been the problem. ill go tackle er again soon. i had to pay 50 bucks for an out of state license, so im gonna get my money's worth!

7. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    Shane,
    If you paid $50 then you got swanked. A 7day nonresident fishing license is only $30 and a 15day only $40. If they charged you $50 then someone is pocketing some cash. Where did you buy your license?

8. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    50 for an entire year at wal-mart

9. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    If you can come down during the week, let me know. I work a weekend shift, Sat.-Mon, so I'm off the other 4 days. A few of us fish every tuesday night year round, you are more than welcome to come along.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    will do. ill likely have a weekday off after the weekend of oct. 5th.