Come to Truman Lake this weekend March 9, 10 and 11th

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by loanwizard, Mar 6, 2007.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I would like to meet and fish with some Missouri Brothers. Jack and I will be in St Louis Friday March 9th to PU a boat. We will then head to Truman and will get there sometime mid to late afternoon. Anyone know of any cabins, motel, hotels in that area? Anyone want to meet up and fish for Blues? Y'all could show us your honey holes cause we most likely won't make it back. See, for us it's a once in a lifetime deal. We'd sure love to tie into a big old Blue.

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shawn, I hope we get some takers. Wow! I googled lake Truman, all I have to say is; HELP! We need some BOC guides! lol That is one big lake. It looks like a couple of Old Buckeyes could get lost pretty fast or at least run out of gas trying to get back to the truck. lol:eek:oooh: :lol: :big_smile:

3. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    I have had a pm so I think we may get to meet 2 or three guys including one guy that likes NCAA Hoops which is good because I am missing the Big 10 Tourney for this. Where are my priorities?

GO BUCKS!!!!

4. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I will be at Truman Saturday and would be glad to meet up with you guys. There is a lot of places to stay, it will depend on what part of the lake you want to fish.

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I am planning on being there sunday morning, I will be putting in at shawnee bend ,it is right above the dam,will be fishing the whire to see what i can hookup with . and before anyone ask ,the whire is the rock dam they built to hold the water back while they built the dam ,it goes from 60 ft up to 10 ft back down to 80 ft and streches from one end of the dam to the other.

6. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Here's a few to pick from: Super 8 (Warsaw) 660-438-2882, Old Oar House Inn (Warsaw and on the water www.oldoarhouseinn.com) 660-438-5398, Rigby Bunkhouse Suites (Lincoln and also nice) 660-547-3020. Hope this helps! Chris

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Shawn / Jack

You would probably want to get your permits before you get to Warsaw, as the bait shops keep pretty short hours this time of year, and the local Walmart shut down a couple of years back. You could probably get them when you stop at Bass Pro, or any Walmart along the way. Or you could get them online, link below. I think it's $7 a day (or $40 for the year) for non residents.

https://www1.wildlifelicense.com/mo/

If anyone else is interested, we are going to try to meet up and fish below the dam on Fri afternoon / evening.

8. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Gary,They opened a super walmart in warsaw ,it is off 65 hwy on the road to the dam

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Jack ,we will be down saturday morning

10. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Shawn, my partner & I decided that it would be in our best interest to stay in town and fish our tournament waters so we can figure out what's going on. Sounds like you'll have plenty of company anyway. Good luck to all you guys fishing this weekend.

11. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    My wife and I'll be at the Truman State Park Marina this weekend. The marina is close and won't open till the following weekend (the 15th), so you will want to have your boat gassed up before you get there, if this is where you plan to put in. Not sure about the other marinas on the lake but they are probably the same. You may be able to catch someone there and be able to gas up but no guarantee.

You will come down 65 to Warsaw if coming to the Truman State Park Marina and there will be a Wal-Mart on your right before you get to the turn off to go to the Lake.

My wife and I plan on being at the marina all day Saturday and part of Sunday. We will be puttering around at our houseboat and the pontoon, doing what ever, charging batteries, etc. We will also be fishing around the docks and if all goes well get out on the lake for some catfishing.

If you are down our way, look us up. The house boats are docked all the way down at the end of the docks, as is our pontoon, furthest from the store. Our houseboat is named the Light House.

Good Luck and hope you have a great time.

12. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    We are leaving now. We will be staying at Reel & Trigger right next to Harry Truman State Park. Friday night agenda Bank Fishing below dam w/ Gary Felkner and whoever else shows up. Saturday 8 am at Shawnee bend if I can find it.

My cell is 740-502-1017

Leaving right after I hit enter.

13. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    So what's the verdict? Did the Ohio boys clean out the lake completely?

14. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,

Well, it's like this. We arrived and found Gary Felkner who drove approx 100 miles to fish with us, and Tom Vandiver called and met us. We were supposed to meet some guys at Shawnee bend ramp at 8am. We didn't know how to get there by land, but Tom got us there by sea. Unfortunately we didn't meet up with anyone although we waited about 1 1/2 hours. Thankfully Tom had caught us some gills for bait. We fished 12-14 hours with not a bite. We couldn't locate shad, and it seemed only the Crappies were accomodating but are not legal for bait. I am getting ready to post pics and the whole story, but, yes there are many fish still waiting for their home boys.

15. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    I met Shawn Dostie (loanwizard), Jack Holsky, (Netmanjack), and Tony Spergin (Tspergin) at Truman Lake this past weekend. I also met Gary Felkner (GaryF) that they met up with Friday night to do some fishing below the dam. I didn’t stay to long below the dam, just long enough to talk with them all and find out their plans for Saturday.

The plans ended up that Shawn, Jack and Tony would meet up with me at the Truman State Park Marina and I would go with them to Sawnee Bend where they were to meet up with other Missouri BOC members.

Wires got crossed some how, cause no one showed up Saturday morning at the rendezvous spot and time. We waited at Shawnee Bend till 9am or later and then left to try and find some bait. They were left with me as their guide, witch I apologize for. I was a little reluctant to answer there post because I knew I would have very little chance putting them on big Blues, but wanted to help out and definitely wanted to meet these guys.

Anyway I was able to provide them with small bluegills for bait (my favorite bait for Blues) but could not help in locating any shad. I knew we would find some blues and catch some, just not the real big guys, with my largest being 18 pounds. As it turned out I was unable to help in locating any Blues, at least any blues that were hungry.

But I really enjoyed the beautiful day on Truman in Shawn’s new boat and really enjoyed the conversation with all three, Shawn, Tony and Jack. I learned a lot about different tackle and learned a lot about catfishing methods, especially drift fishing.

I left the guys that evening and just hope they got into some blues on Sunday.

It was great meeting you guys, I learned a lot. I hope you guys got into the big Blues big time after you departed from me.

Oh yeah, Netmanjacked live up to his name when he netted my hat that got blown overboard. Thanks again guys I had a great day.

16. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    Would like to thank Gary and Tom for the great southern hospitality and fellowship,even though the fish werent cooperating we had a great time and just meeting the missouri brothers was well worth the trip,will definatly try to make it down there again