Come on spring!!

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by HoggyO, Jan 20, 2007.

1. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    I cant take it.....I hear Gobbles in my sleep, I have a box call tucked under my pillow at night,hoping the Turkey Fairy will come and grant me an early spring!

"Hello,My Name is Hoggy, and I'm a Turkeyholic"

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcom to the family your gonna like it here,im not a turkey hunter yet but ive been toying with it i got a whole slew of calls an im getting fair im thinking bout trying this spring also

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Hello Hoggy, great to have you aboard....Sounds like you and my husband need to attend Turkeyholic Anonymous meetings together....support each other with the buddy system... lol Thats all i ever hear in my house...speakin of which, theres a turkey video playin right now...lol. Glad to have you here and hope you enjoy it.

4. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I'm right with you Hoggy! Two days ago I just put in for my Spring Turkey permit, and I can't wait til the 23rd of April. But, before that, there will still be a little catfishing to be done.
    Welcome aboard!
    Sparky

5. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    My wife is a high school Spanish teacher.

Several years back, while her back was turned, she heard a yelp.

Without missing a breath, she said, "Put that diaphragm away".

They were stunned: "Miz Patton, how did you know"?:lol:

6. HoggyO

HoggyO New Member

State:
    PA
    I have been teaching my 2 yr old Son to call the Turkeys by calling out
    "Gobble,Gobble,Gobble" I just picked him up a youth Realtree camo hat at the local wal-mart and put on of my NWTF stickers on the back of his battery operated ford truck. Come on Spring!!!

7. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I hear ya brother ! I'm gonna have to order some new mouth calls and strikers for my slates, bout got em wore out waitin for season to get here.:lol:

8. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Im a turkey addict and proud of it. It's going to be interesting this year. last year I missed out of the first week due to my honeymoon, now i might miss it again this year for the birth of my daughter. Im going to ask the doctor if theres time to go for a quick gobbler hunt before he delivers my little butterball but I think my mom in law would shoot me if I tried. My problem is hunting public land locally is that theres more turkeys then there are birds in the woods. Im tired of being stalked & morons busting up my hunt.

9. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    im ready for my first time in the woods for gobblers. never been before but ive been told its hard, so im up to it and ill be goin all out this spring:big_smile:

10. MaysvilleCatfish

MaysvilleCatfish New Member

State:
    kentucky
    im the worst turkey hunter in the world but luv it anyway...

11. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I love it when I get 2 gobblers sounding off trying to cut the other ones gobble off. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up everytime.

12. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i dont turkey hunt anymore not sense igot into it with some guys from texas.they busted up 2 gobblers when they drove up on their 4 weelers.we were in a wilderness area at the time but i still am ready for spring.thats my flathead catching time.good luck. be safe.

13. mega34bkw

mega34bkw New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I havent been yet, but I am already dreaming of it!!! I moved from the desert last spring to Oklahoma and was instantly hooked on the outdoors. My uncle has a lot of turkeys on his land and when I was staying there last year, they would go wild every morning. It would probably help if I would get rid of The Outdoor Channel, I bet I watch at least 10 turkey hunting shows a week!!

14. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I hear ya fellas! I'm anxiously waitin too.

15. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    I cant wait either, after archery season closed here in MO on Jan 15. I dug out my turkey vest to get all my gear ready. Now I cant get Catfish, Sheds, and Turkeys off my mind..come on April. To those that have not been you cant imagine the rush when that bird struts,spits and drums at 10 yards. Good luck on the Gobblers.

16. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Couldnt have said it better myself Jeff. COME ON SPRING!! Btw, Dont forget about mushroom hunting.

17. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome Dave to the BOC !! your'e gonna be hooked like all the rest of us

18. kylerm78

kylerm78 New Member

State:
    Spring Hill/ Edgerton ks
    Turkeys are gettin thick in Kansas. Place where I hunt farmer says they are running the cattle off of the corn he feeds them.

19. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Thank you Richard, but i think your too late,lol.