Come on Rain

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Jimmy Don, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Our weather people are promising a good chance of rain tonight and tomorrow. I for one am putting on my feathers and loin cloth and doing a dance (no pictures please its really not pretty). The Saline river is just about pooled up it is so low, and I'm taking off Wed.- Fri. to fish and take care of some muscadine wine I'm making (its time to press the wine out of the fermented muscadines). So let's all have good thoughts and pray for rain.

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I love it when it rains. We got a thunderstorm last night and it was so refreshing! up here in NW Missouri it can get pretty daggummed dry! Walk in peace brother--------------pk powell:smile2:

3. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We are supposed to get some rain and t'storms here in N.E. Arkansas today. We sure could use the rain here also. Do the dance. lol..:big_smile:

4. grizzly

grizzly New Member

State:
    Griffithville, Arkansas
    I've been watching the radar all morning to see what is happening. I'm like you, my bayou needs rain to start moving. I have to be at wally world at 1:00pm to give blood, but will bait up afterwards if it looks good. I put out lines thursday without hooks just in case. Keep on dancing, I think my white legs just run the clouds away. grizzly

5. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Raining like the dickens out there right now. I bet 1.5" so far. Surely needed it, I get my water from the rain, and my barrells were just about empty. Wife did up all the laundry yesterday. No we arent complete hicks, but I do like to cut cost where I can. Cost to much to drill a well and not gareenteed good water, Lot of iron up here. My last well turned everything orange. rural water is just up the hill, but would cost way to much to bring it down, to many rocks and I think that bluff would give a big problem, Thought about running the line right down the middle of the road, but that would probably creat a problem of some sort, So as Long as I have about 3000 gallons on reserve Im good to go, and it dont cost me much at all. I used to hate the rain, but I welcome it now! :lol:

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    We snuck out to Blue Mtn. lake yesterday..It's only 9 miles from the house...The weather turned bad about 215pm ....we barely got out in the nick of time.....the sky was black and swirling...we got a good one..and we bagged 8 channel cats that avaraged a little over 3lbs a piece:cool2:

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Good CAtch Sam:0a22:

8. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Sam, are there any good blues on blue mtn. lake? Thanks Mac

9. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yes there are Huge Blues in the lake:smile2: I havce caught them out of the river that fills the lake.......I have yet to catch a big blue out of the lake:crazy: I will find them though..eventualy

10. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Thanks Sam for the Info.... Mac

11. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    We got a good rain last Saturday, but it wasn't enough.

It was raining pretty good early Saturday mourning then slacked off and I thought I'd head out to the lake to see if anything was biting?

I got there around 8:30 am and it was just sprinkling a little, then quit.
    About 9 am, it turned black and started pouring and lightning real bad and it didn't let up much until around 1:30 or 2 pm.
    I thought about heading to the house before noon, but there were some bass fishermen around and I thought if they could take it, I would too?

I was catching a few small ones (not big enough to keep) and having some fun.

I finally give up around 1:30, I was so wet and cold, it wasn't much fun anymore.

Ken