Come On night bite

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by screamnclickersc, May 19, 2009.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Lookin' forward to the Wateree night tournys:wink:

2. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Yes, yes, yes, please yes!

Come on night bite!

PS - Yes, yes.

3. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Thats gonna sho nuf be some awesome Tourneys in June,July and September,cant wait.I wish we would have went ahead and done Monty this month at night.I think next year we are gonna start the night events in April.:wink:

4. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Man, you don't even know how much i have been thinking the same thing. Its just something about nite fishn. Can't wait, wish it was somehow you could change it now. :wink:

5. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Night fishing is the way to go in the summer. I love fishing wateree at night it's the only way you can fish with out being buzzed by the lake traffic. Monty is a little different they drop the water a lot at night during the summer. At the 215 ramp its not unusual to see the whole boat ramp and dock out of the water. Then some where around 3 to 5am they start pumping it back in, and I mean they pump it in fast. If your anchored an have fell asleep you may wake up a long way from where you where. Also there are a lot of shallow areas that are 3 to 5ft deep at full pool but when they draw it down they become sand bars. Dont get me wrong I fish Monty at night but do so with great caution! Dont know if Monty is the best place for a night tourny, thats just my opinion. I myself am looking foward to the night tournys at wateree, aint nothing like being woke up to the sound of screaming drag and rubbing your tired eyes to see witch rod is doubled over!

6. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I love fishing monty at night been woke up several times by a rod sounding like it gonna tear the rail off the toon. sure beats the heat.

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Dont froget about the Wylie night time tourney in August. That should be a good one with some big fish caught. I to look forward to the night time events. Its quieter and theres something about the dark and hearing the rod bend cause you cant see it 100%.

8. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I need to get up to Wylie and do a little scouting, I've never wet a hook there before. I would like to fish the night tourney on Wylie but don't know squat about the lake. I guess no better time than this summer to learn.

9. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yea I didnt overlook Wylie in August on purpose,I just didnt include it in that post.Wylie is turning quickly into a go to spot for trophy cats.George you need to come up sometime and fish it soon.There is another tournament series that puts on a Channel Cat only Tourney once a month and several of us from the BOC fish it as well,it is a fun time and always close with the weigh ins.There are plenty of Blues and Flatties in there too,Cary[billfish76] just caught a 30 lb Flattie last weekend and he already holds the unoffical Lake record with a 64 lb Blue.Not to mention the hurtin Wyliecat and Mudkip put on em on a consistant basis.Another 3-5 years and it will be just like Wateree or probably better due to the Flatheads being in there too.

10. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    I wouldn't mind seeing the tournys last all night either...hint...hint:wink:

11. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    That is something to consider,we have talked about it before,maybe doing a special event type thing,with maybe a little more on the entry fee to make it a little more interesting or something like that,we will get some imput from everyone soon and see what everyone thinks and some ideas to make it real interesting.

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I to would like to see an all night tourney, maybe even a little more money on it, but try to keep the fee's like they are if you can on the regular tournaments. Most everyone can afford it and when you lose you don't have to explain to your wife. :smile2:
    If the more money draws in big crowds, just have more special events through out the summer. Won't hurt to give it a try.
    The big money tourneys on Santee started dropping off, the $100-$150 entry fee paying out to the top 3 (use to be top 10) would cause me to spend $800-$1000 and a lot of times due to the top 3 only, get nothing in return (top 10 i could get some of my money back. How did i spend so much money? Pre fish, motel, fuel, eats, tourney fee etc.....:angry: I'll stick with u guys:wink:

13. Jeffrey Green

Jeffrey Green New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Marty and I have been thinking about alot of different things for next year.Some input from everyone would be nice.We've thought about a points championship for 9 tournament from Jan.-Sept. with a payout and trophy at end of year .Also I thought about having a 2 day tournament maybe at the end of the year or a all nighter.I think the points would be something like this.5 for 1st,3 for second,2 for 3rd,1 for everyone else just for fishing in it.2 extra points for big fish as a bonus.But the only bad thing about a points race is we would have to fish as teams or have a boater class and a nonboater class because sometimes the same people don't fish together all the time.So who gets the points?The boater or nonboater,everyone on the boat,which sometimes is 3 people or more.So there is alot to be worked out.Well think it over and good fishing to all:wink:

14. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I like the idea of having a points system! You got my vote, now as to how the points will be given that will require some thinking.:confused2:

15. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Capt. of the boat should get the points.:smile2: Most of the time its them that has to round up someone to fish with. Any way you do it is ok with me.

16. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Heres my proposal:

8:00pm-8:00am
    Weigh in 1 Fish
    $1000 a head
    WINNER TAKE ALL

Sounds good anyway:cool2::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:

We are gonna seriously look into doing something maybe all night,lets get some more imput and suggestions for dates.

17. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC

I have to agree that the "capt" gets the points and its up to the other guy to try and fish with the same person. Besides that I like the idea of a points series, it may open the door for a sponsor or two. All nighters are good, but long. 2 day events might be hard on peoples schedules and can get costly if your driving a good distance to get there.

I also like the idea of starting the night events in April if the weather will allow.

18. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    A points series would be great, but all nighters would not be. Just my opinon. Any Tourney 8 hours long is fair to all. I guess I'm being partial as an all nighter would stop us from fishing it. 2 hours drive there, all night and 2 hours drive home!:crazy: My vote, Add the point series and keep the hours the same. :wink:

19. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Pop Pop's a wimp. :0a4: Fish all night, two hour drive home - puh-lease!

A thousand dollars a head? Ha! Gator's a wimp.

An all nighter sounds a little much to me. Especially in that little skiff I fish out of. As hard headed as I am, if there was an all-night tournament, I'd probably try and fish it. You hear Pop Pop in that comfortable pontoon crying, you can imagine what I'd be doing after all night in that little skiff.

I do like the sound of the point system. But figuring out how to go about doing it is going to take someone smarter than me. Regardless of if it's boat captain, by team or individuals, I think it's a good idea.

Here's hoping the brains of the operation get it worked out.

20. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Trust me! that would not be crying you heard. It would be me snoring across the entire lake by 3:00 am:smile2: