come on down friday

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by JERMSQUIRM, Oct 6, 2005.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    just thought ide take a quick moment (kind of short notice) but puddycat70 earnest and one of his pals are coming down to clinton lake to camp and fish this weekend. i will be heading over as well friday. hes bringing his boat and im taking mine. if anyone want to come join us would be great. the weather ain't to bad right now and should be a good time. the cats should be hitting well. i was catching them fine untill i wintered the boat in late nov in 04. if anyone is intrested in joining let me know and we can hook up. should be space in my boat for 1. or bring yours too. ill be bringing the cast iron as usual when i go so a fish fry is in order. lol.

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

What time Friday???

Ray

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    he is gonna be there early afternoon. i will be going over and finding him around 3-4 pm.

4. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

And fish how late??? I'm only asking because we have our Fire Department Fish Fry Saturday, and I need sleep before a long day.

Ray

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    :cool: SHOOT IF YA WANT TO COME DOWN JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YA ARE READY TO GO. WELL BE AT MASCOUTIN REC AREA. THE HOT WATER ILL BE FISHING IS A 5 MIN RIDE TO THE RAMP. WHEN YA WANT TO GO YOULL BE ON YOUR WAY HOME IN YOUR RIDE 15 MIN LATER BRO.

GOTS ME A NEW LANDING LIGHT INSTALLED TONIGHT A NEW TROLLING MOTER FOOT CONTROLLED AND AIN'T FISHED FOR A COIPLE WEEKS. IM ITICHING AND A TWITCHING. LOL. LET ME KNOW A.S.A.P. WELL I STILL GOT YA'S # AND MINE IS STILL THE SAME AS BEFORE ON THE HOME AND CELL. IS YA WANT TO COME DOWN HOLLER SOON.

OH AND IF YA WANT TO CRASH ILL HAVE A 5 MAN TENT SET UP AND NO FAMILY. TO CHILLY. SO YA ARE WELCOME TO CRASH. ILL BE FISHING LATE IF IT AIN;T TO COLD BUT THE DOCK FOR THE CAMP IS EVEN CLOSER THAN THE RAMP. JUST A HILL AND A LITTLE BIT OF ASPAHLT SEPERATES THE LAKE FROM THE TENTS. ILL BE PARKING THERE IF IM CAMPING.

6. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

LOL!!!! Believe me, I want to Go!!! But, I won't be able to make it down, can't justify the gas bill at this time.

I hope you and your friends catch some big ones.

Ray

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    we had a good time. with the cool weather (and i mean cold at night) and the front that came through thursday we didn't slay em but we did catch a few fish.

heck i lost two nice ones to structure in the cove we were in. the first pic is earnest and jim (the sleepwalker lmao) and thier boat. there is a pic of the lake and a couple fellas crappie fishing.

fri we fished till 11pm and brought back 3 eaters and had a fish fry. ate and had a few and hit it.

two more of thier buds came sat morn and we had chili and venision meatloafs, and we all went out sat. they caught a 3 1/2 #er that escaped the stringer and i caught one and missed a coulpe and lost the two in log jams. i brought some fillets and fiddlers so we still ate fish friday night. and i caught two crappie and a b@$$ at add.

the two indiana fellas woke up sun to find thier boat sunk motor and all. luckly it was a small 4 stroke brigs and after draining oil and flushing the thinfg started right up. we all survived and had a pretty good time.

8. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Glad to hear you had a good time, would love to get down there before the snow sets in.

Ray

9. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Just curious, how cold does it get in the first week of October?
    I see a North Carolina heavy winter coat in those pictures.

10. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

Well, it was down in the low 40's last weekend at night, and 50's - 60's during the day, darn Canadian front!!!

Ray

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Ouch!, I dread that weather. We usually see those temps in November.
    Last year I think our first frost was the second week in November. Typically it is from mid Oct. to early NOV .

Jeremy, how you planning on getting those flathead out of the trees?
    Chainsaw?

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya. cold front went through thurs. fri got down to 37 and close to same sat. sun and today was back to tee weather. just had to make camping weather bad. its fine now. lol. if i had a chainsaw ide have cut down a tree after loosing that second fish.

13. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I remember sitting on Jordan lake once in my bass boat fishing away with my boat hung up in a tree top in 25 feet of water. Fishing log jams aint nothing compared to that.
    I wound up swimming around, under, climbing on top of ,and jumping up and down on various parts of my boat to break free. The outboard was of no use in this this situation.

Me and a friend went to Jordan lake Saturday night. We had a decent night after a pouring down rain shortly before we arrived.
    first fish in the boat with lines out 5 minutes was a 10 pound channel.
    Numerous fish were caught , most too small to keep. Several nice ones were lost, We finished up with 5 fish totalling 41 pounds all channels.
    It was rather fun coming back across the lake in the pitch dark with a stiff crosswind blowing right down the main lake.
    Quite interesting a 18 foot G3 center console. They handle like a dog in a cross chop.

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    that second pic is basicly me in my boat and i was fishing straight out at the mouth. the first one hit while i was picking up the :cursing: beer cans left by others on the sand.

my rod was tight line with clicker on in the boat. wasn't reallt expecting much for hits at 3pm. as i collected cans just a few min after tossing out some fresh shad gut pockets the clicker peeled off about 4-5 feet of line as i jumped toward the boat. it quit. i waited and re baited. wasn't but a couple min it hit again peeling off line. i grabbed the rod and swept it back. it was hooked and i felt him on. one prob. in the sweep i let off the spool and got a small nest in the abu. :eek: i knew he was hooked and the center of the cove looked clear and i peeled off 4-5 foot of line cause i couldn't reel. :eek: and re tightened line. he was into something. i even trolled out to try and free. no go. :eek:

the second i hooked as the two fellas in the ss minnow (that sunk) were coming in from fishing. they saw me reeling and fighting what seemed like 5-6# range and slowed there approach. i reeled him up to about 7-8 feet from boat in front of the dead tree standing to the right in the second pic and he just stopped. i was ticked :cursing: and tugged it and pop again. :cursing:

15. screen

screen New Member

State:
    Sterling, Illinois
    Good to see Puddy again - looks like he was prepared with that barn coat!
    Sounds like you all had fun and you sure didn't need that A/C this time!
    Did you all tent camp?

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    YES. cold cold cold. i took a small ceramic heater but the site there were on was non elect and was a bit far from the ones with it. fri i had a sleeping bag on air mat and in one and one over +fully clothed. then i stayed warm.

17. THE FISH WHISPER'ER

THE FISH WHISPER'ER New Member

State:
    waynesville ,IL
    hey jerm been trying to get hold of you , wouldn't mind hooking up with you friday evening and meet some of these guys and catch some fish. also i am having an engagment party out back of my place saterday evening. i am deep frying a couple turkeys and lot's of cat fish fritters and river rat taters feel free to bring the guys that come down to fish just look for the big fire ;P.S.THERE WILL BE A KEG :009:

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well earnest drove close to two hrs to clinton and the others came from indiana. but did i hear keg sat. so you and the misses are going for it hugh. congrats man. hey you know where i live stop by. :wub: ever had fish jerky. got the rec from jerry (good old boy i met in arkansas on 04) im making some tomorrow. ill bring a sample. course knowing you ya have been making it for years. lmao. ;)

19. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Where are yall? I am in Cobden,way down south. Am I within fishin distence of yall? I am just wonderin is all.