Columbus ohio fishing spots

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Kingcatter, May 14, 2006.

1. Kingcatter

Kingcatter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Could anyone suggest some fishing spots in the Columbus vicinity? I grew up on the Ohio about 45 minutes south of Marietta and lived a 5 minutes walk from the river. I'm used to catching my own bait (bluegills preferred) but I'm not sure of any good places in Columbus, where I'm at now!

Any places suggested for catching bluegills/other baitfish and where to use them around here would be much appreciated!

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Welcome to the BOC Adam. What part of Columbus do you live in? There are plenty of guys here that would go out and show you. I grew up on the east side. I always traveled to Wills Creek, and the Muskingum around Beverly lock. Looking for eater channels, Hoover and Alum Creek are loaded. Looking for larger fish my suggestion would be the Scioto or Olentangy.

3. Kingcatter

Kingcatter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I live close to the Olentangy, but I wouldn't know where to start in regard to fishing it. I live 5 miles or so from the Dublin area of Columbus. I prefer going after bigger cats, as that's what I always fished for in the Ohio. Perhaps Alum Creek could be a good place for catching bait also, I'll have to look into that.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I live in Pataskala, just east of Columbus. I wouldn't mind getting you on some fish. Just drop me a line and we can get together and get some fish.

5. Curly

Curly New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Hey, the names Aaron, I am a pure bread fisherman(catman) i'm willing to fish with anyone any day. I have been known to spend 8 hours in the rain bass fishin. I'm just now gettin into cats.......but i allready crave a 20 pound cat. I spent 3 hours tonight....no luck...but am i dissapointed?....oh...no I will be fishing tommorrow...no matter what. The way i se it is like this.......the measure of your success is the amount of time you spend with your line in the water! I'm tryin to make my measure of success grow by spending every little bit of free time on the water! My suggestion to everyone.......cast your pole.....catch a fish...and.....party on!

6. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I too live in Pataskala and would enjoy hooking up with anyone to go fishing. Just send me a PM with your phone number and best time to call!