Columbus area catfishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by bigman44, Mar 11, 2009.

1. bigman44

bigman44 New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey, im from hamilton, but i go to ohio state now and this amazing weather is making it impossible to not start thinking about fishing.. i was wondering where around ohio state is there decent places to fish. i heard the Olentangy isnt the best. i also heard something about maybe hoover dam or something..? im clueless up here lol
    thanks
    alex

2. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the site Alex! If you are looking for catfish I would say hit the scioto just west of campus. I know there are channels in there, I think the flatheads get better the farther south you go. Good luck!

3. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Welcome aboard Alex. Not familiar with that area, But anytime you want you want to soak a line up here in Zanesville, you're more than welcome. Be glad to show you around...

4. Capt.mike jr

Capt.mike jr New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey bobby how did the live well u maid work?

5. Capt.mike jr

Capt.mike jr New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey bigman44 im from dayton so hit me up

6. One Legged Josh

One Legged Josh New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Alex. They are probably talking about Hoover Resevoir. Im not from that area though. Use the DNR site and maps for your area. Good luck!

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Hey Alex, you can go to Hoover (the north end from what has been posted) sloboat should be able to help you on that area.

You are close to Alum Creek Res and Delaware Res and Buckeye (all within 30 - 45 min drive).

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Alex, now is the time to start. Like the others posted Alum, Hoover, and Delaware are turning on now. Just fish the area where the river or creek enters the lake. This time of year that water is a few degrees warmer than the main lake. Fresh cut shad, or chubs/suckers will work. Also winter kill shad you can pick up off the bank (will smell bad when cut into lol). You can even try shrimp, liver, or worms.

Don't use HotDogs unless you want to be made fun of, LOL.

9. tacraft61

tacraft61 New Member

State:
    Powell, Ohio, U
    the scioto,big and little darby also big and little walnut all offer good fishing.

10. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    hey big man , im in grovecity and i just found a lake that the state paid change for, it was a $$$ lake,from what i hear back in 95,i fished 2 years ago and pulled in a 39 lb blue, and 29 lbs flat. it s right off lil darby creek , 1/2 mile e of darbydale. call me and ill show u some lil lakes that is good fishing . 614 749 1880. call any time after 230

11. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Alex and to Columbus too. Lots of places to fish here. Try the Scioto (I'd be glad to give you the lowdown on all the areas i know of) Antrim Lake,Alum Creek,Hoover, Olentangy,Big and Little Darby creek..the list goes on and on. I'll leave some detailed info in your message box. And i think the small lake Rich Crabtree was talking about is Osprey Lake. I'm sure there are some big Cats left in there from the Lake's paylake days.

12. bigcatman

bigcatman New Member

State:
    Ashville, Ohio
    welcome to the boc. i live just south of columbus not to far about 25 miles and the flatheads here on the scotio are nice i cought a 40 lber last year

13. rich crabtree

rich crabtree New Member

State:
    ohio
    I WENT BY THERE TODAY, THEY DID NAME OSPREY, THANK YA