COLUMBIA shotgun question

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by laidbck111, Oct 14, 2006.

1. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Ok guys and gals I have an old "Columbia" shotgun 12 gauge single shot and can't find any info on it. I know the gun is not worth a ton of money. I have search online and found more question's than answers and even taken it to a couple (8) gun dealers and nothing. I have been offered $100 all the way up to a even trade for for a used 40 S&W. I can not get rid of the gun it has family history. So if any one knows something about this gun please let me know. Here is what I do know. It was a "drug store" shotgun carried by a lot of different stores. Many people imported them in from ????????????? country. Most of them are 60-100 years old. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well sorry I can't be of much help either as I've never heard of them. I would have suggested taking it to some gunsmiths but you have done that too. Sounds like an odd one.

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Benji, I don't know if it will help you any but I found this.

st

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Check chamber length on all old shotguns before firing.The old roll crimp shell were not quite as long when fired as our star crimp today.A short chamber will often create x-cess pressure.It is like shooting a 3" in a 2 3/4" chamber.Also,check for damascus (spiral)barrel and do not shoot one.peewee-williams