Columbia Fishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by jdmert, Aug 29, 2007.

1. jdmert

jdmert New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am in Columbia working and was wondering if anybody could help me find some fishing spots. As of right now I still do not have a boat so it will be bank fishing. Anybody know where I can catch some catfish from the bank? Lakes? Rivers? Streams? I just want to do some fishing, could somebody please help!

2. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Hey Mert, good to have you aboard here on the BOC… You have little dixie lake just E/S/E of Columbia as well as some other small conservation lakes just north of town. Then theres the Missouri River just west on 70, you pass the river (look down to your right and you’ll see the ramp) and take the first off ramp, then go north till you can cut back east to the conservation access along the river. You’ll pass thru an US Fish and Wildlife area then right after is the state conservation area… plenty of signs to take you there. Enjoy, you
    have some great fishing all around Columbia. Again welcome to the BOC.​

3. jdmert

jdmert New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info! I actually tried Little Dixie a few days back! Does the boat ramp/conservation access area have places to fish along the bank? Just looking for a little info, but I might have to drive out there and check it out.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOc from another Mo. member Mert.

5. mcbluegill

mcbluegill New Member

State:
    missouri
    Mert, I was just there about 4 wks ago. It has several points around the lake that you can walk to.