Columbia bottoms

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Rockin' Blues, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    Went to Columbia Bottoms today with catmankev and his son Brit.We put the boat in about 6.30 this morning and got some shad in the throw net.We then went up the Missouri to the 367 bridge and started hitting the points of the wing dams back down to the boat ramp,well no luck.We called it quits about 1.30 started getting pretty warm in the sun.When we got back to the boat ramp there was 4 or 5 other trailers in the parking lot and a guy as soon as we got up to the truck was asking if our truck had been broke into,his and the truck next to his had,we were about 2 parking spots away from them.Someone had tried to get into catmankevs tailgait but the bed cover was locked and they couldn't the tailgait all the way open,The guy also told me that this was the 2nd time this has happened to him there,they busted out his lock on his door stole his stereo and some tools out of the back. So Beware if you go to Columbia Bottoms:sad_2a:

2. Fishhead1

Fishhead1 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Eric
    Ugh, that blows.

Thanks for the heads up, we haven't used that ramp yet this year but it's good to know in case we do head that way.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Sounds to me Like someone needs a good old fashion BUTT KICKING and quick!!! Bigcatman:sad2:

4. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Thanks for the info. I have never seen the police there. they need to start watching it. I guess if a guy watched the river and another one watched the road it would be hard to get caught. Its pretty isolated back there.

5. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Thanks for the heads up. Was thinking of heading down that way this next friday.

6. new kat

new kat New Member

State:
    La Plata Missouri
    i've said it before and i'll say it againg there ain't nothing worse than a thief. sonds like the ruim of a perfectly good day.