Columbia Bottoms?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by SkipEye, Jan 14, 2010.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Wondering, with this heat wave of 40 degrees, if the ice is moving out and the MO River fishable from CB?

2. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    When I crossed over the Missouri at St. Charles yesterday on the way home from work it was full of flow ice. I wouldn't even have considered trying to put a boat in that stuff, it would be a recipe for disaster.

3. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks Mark. I had been going to work and returning in the dark. Crossed the MO today and there is still quite a bit of ice flowing. Who knows how long it will take to clear out. Might be chock full all the way to Nebraska.

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    When you all talk about the Columbia bottoms. Where exactly are you talking about?

Tom

5. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Just upriver a few miles from the confluence with the Mississippi River Tom.

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks Skipeye I do appreciate it.

Tom

7. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    Well fellas I live in leavenworth and its still full of ice here. Ill post on here when it clears up which i hope is soon man i got the ich and im ready to scrach come on spring.

8. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    The Mo River was full of ice yesterday and not moving, came over the 370 bridge in St Charles 2pm today and looked to see if any change...and the fog was so thick couldn't even see the water!

9. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Here in St. Joseph, MO the ice has cleared out for the most part. There are:laugh1: a few chunks breaking away from behind dykes but it is fishable.

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Dang, I was hoping this thread was about pictures somebody got of MU Tigers cheerleaders.....

11. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Now that's kind of funny. Up river from you there is no ice on the MO. and down river from you there is no ice on the MO. something wrong with leavenworth? Anyways no ice in kansas city on the mo. Now the kaw is another story.

12. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    yea i just got back from liberty and seen no ice! I just whent to the boat ramp 2 days ago and it was full of ice damn things change fast. That means fishing tommorow for sure

13. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Went over the Missouri this afternoon at St. Charles, the ice is all cleared except along the bank lines.

14. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is good news and warm weather is ahead this week. So, are you getting your boat hitched up or what?
    : )

15. Andy52

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    I'm a thinkin' Thursday or Friday, Chance of rain Thursday so Friday might be the better choice.

16. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Friday is looking like a hooky day for me as well.

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I was really, really bored today and drove all the Mississippi River Pool 26 accesses and found the river iced over. Clear below Winfield but the ramp is not usable. Some clear water in a section near Portage de Sioux but no usable ramps again.

Onward to the Missouri River over 367, no ice except for an occassional chunk.

Went next to Columbia Bottoms, same conditions and the ramp is usable!!!!

Time to go fishing tomorrow but........got a call from my daughter in KC. She is having her first baby TOMORROW! My first grandbaby, and it's a GIRL!!!:Happy:

18. ks catman

ks catman New Member

State:
    kansas
    congrats on the grand baby

19. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Congratulations Darryl...errr I mean GRANDPA!! She'll have you in the palm of her hand in no time!

20. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Congratulations Darryl! I bet you will spoil her rotten.