Columbia Bottoms Sunday

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by mofisherman, Sep 16, 2009.

1. mofisherman

mofisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri (St. Louis Area)
    Fished Columbia bottoms from the bank Sunday. Was there for quite some time and only ended up catching 2 catfish (3lb flathead and 6 lb blue). Hopefully it picks up soon!

2. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    welcome aboard Ed, CB is a nice place to fish... We landed some nice fish there in the past.. where bout did you fish? We got em off that broken dike all the way in the back.. I took the boat to that same one and did nothing, but i did pin point the drop off... good luck

3. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the BOC!!!

4. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC, Ed!! Glad you caught a few at CB...now throw away that BASS shirt you were wearing in the photo. People have been shot around here for less!:wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. mofisherman

mofisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri (St. Louis Area)
    Fished the dike you are referring to. Walked to the end of the broken part and caught the blue in the strongest part of the current. The flathead came on the upstream side of the dike. We fished there from about 3-7, then went to the area below the fishing pier by the boat ramp. Had one good bite there but missed the fish.

I will be going back there soon. I still haven't had a chance to fish the beach yet either.

As for my BASS shirt, I knew someone would eventually say something about it. :smile2: I will just have to wait until I get a picture of a bigger fish!

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    As for my BASS shirt, I knew someone would eventually say something about it.
    If you can take it, I can. :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri

Yup there's a deep hole it was 44ft when i was there but the water was high ... that whole damn hole is a Soft shell hole.Every time i go there i get a few 2-3lb flat heads and 6-8 soft shells ... 1 of them guys was so big i couldn't get him in the boat.

I think that whole is the 1st deep hole from the Miss to the Missouri.

8. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I got my PB flathead from there.... 8 blues between 5-20lbs and a 38lber with Okie and Phyllis.. I fish that hole every time i come outta the mo. river.... I've seen it when it was low enough to almost walk across that gap... Its a big sand hump right behide the hole... Try putting the boat on the hump and fish to the hole... let me know how it works..

9. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    All bull aside im shocked ..

I will be there in the next few days ...

I went out to day and the water was crazy due to the wind .. i was gonna go to the dam but couldint even get half way due to the waves lol and i was by my self.

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Im headin west this weekend... But maybe some day we'll hit it together.. good luck

11. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
    Sounds great let me know i live 5 mins from Columbia bottoms.
    I caught the one in the pic up by the boys home he was 40lbs 1oz... im still searchin for another ... I don't know what it is man .. they should be on the move by now right ? i mean fall is like the best time to catfish?:embarassed:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  12. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I get my bait from that water outlet at the boys home when they there:eek:oooh: Two throws of the net would last the entire day.. Oh, that was three yrs ago:eek:oooh: Maybe next weekend we can track those blues

13. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    There's been a lot of no bites around here lately Ed, sounds like you did okay... Welcome to the BOC :cool2: