Colts vs. Pats week 9, who's going to win?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by LilRyjoe04, Oct 23, 2007.

1. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    ESPN has been talking all this BS about how the Pats will go 16-0. What I want your fellas opinion on is who is going to win between these two powerhouses on November fourth in the RCA Dome in Indy? The Pats have a great supporting cast now, but can they take down the defending Super Bowl Champs at home? What's your guys' thoughts?

2. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Patriots of course:roll_eyes:. You may want to submit that question to "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?" Jeff Foxworthy could use that.LOL.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    COLTS of course!!

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Lets be honest they are clearly as of now the two best teams but I give the edge to the Colts simply because they will be playing at home.

5. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Colts over Pats 30-27. It may well be the best game of the year as well as the most anticipated.

6. Harleycat

Harleycat Member

State:
    INDIANA
    colts win :wink: :big_smile: it will be a good game

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sorry Ryan but the Pats will win that one. It'll be a great game but N.E. will pull off the victory. About the pats going 16-0,I really doubt it. It should be a great game though!!! I just think NE has too many weapons on both sides of the ball.:wink::big_smile:

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I've been hoping that it's the Colts and after last night I believe it will be. The Pats haven't beat anyone worth a crap other than the Cowboys and the Colts are much, much better than the Cowboys. The way the Colts handled the Jags last night made me believers that they will win that game.

9. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I vote Colts.... I'll be rooting for em.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Agree! The Cheatriots have not played anyone worth a crap except Dallas. Look who they play, the Bills (2-5), the Jets (1-6) and the Dolphins (0-7). That's 6 automatic wins!

If the game was played in NE, the Cheats would win.
    The game in Indy will be won by the Colts.

11. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    What? Submit that question to "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" It's kind of funny how 90 percent of the people are going with the Colts!LOL! I hope the Colts whoop them so I can rub it in your face.:wink:

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

i knew you would finally admit it. Ryan....it is just a hope thing, isn't it?:wink: deep down inside you KNOW brady is gonna b****slap the colts for the last 2 years:smile2:

13. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    It will be a great game and look forward to seeing it. The colts will keep it close in the first half but the Pats will prove that there the best team by the time it's over. What the line on the game anyway.

14. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I love the Patriots haven't beat anybody worth a crap crap. The lowest margin of victory in any game for the Pats has been 17 points. The have won by an average of 22 points per game. These aren't high school teams they're playing, they are NFL teams. Have the Colts beaten anyone by 22 pts? I acknowledge the fact that the only thing that matters is the game itself, not anything that was done before, but you all sound like TO....." They're not that good." Brady has 27 TDs and 2 Ints so far. I can only hope that the Colts think that the Pats "aren't that good" when they play on the 4th.:wink: Pats by 7 in your house:big_smile:.

15. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    And don't you think that the Pats have won by this much might be because the teams they have played aren't that good?

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i think it is because THE PATS are that good chad:wink:
    mediocre teams can't blowout mediocre teams, but excellent teams CAN:smile2:

17. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It's not that I think they are bad Phil. I just don't think they are as good as they are billed to be yet (not until they are properly challenged). I am tired of hearing that the Pats are the best team ever, when they haven't done anything yet.

Case in point, when you ask someone who the best teams in the history of the nfl are, the 1998 Vikings won't come on many people's list. If you ask who the best OFFENSIVE teams are, the Vikings will get the nod.

Here is a comparison of the 1998 Vikings and 2007 Pats through 7 games

Vikings Pats
    Opponents record 15-28 17-28
    Points scored 241 279
    pts avg 34.4 39.8
    points allowed 116 120
    average allowed 16.5 17.1
    average margin 17.9 22.7

Now if you'll notice, the stats are amazingly similar. The Vikings were touted as one of the best teams ever during the season. They started off 7-0 before dropping a game at Tampa and then went on to finish 15-1, yet they are not very often considered one of the best teams ever since they didn't win it all. Were the Vikings stats padded by playing bad teams? Yes, except they got better as the season progressed....

Until the Pats win it all (if they do), they are NOT one of the best teams ever.

18. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    this will not even be a game. the ONLY reason the colts were even in the superbowl last year is because of that less than average receiving corp the pats had last year. did anybody count the dropped balls in the second half of that game? i believe it was 7. did anybody see how bad the pats dominated the colts in the first half. be prepared for more of that same domination this year except it will be for 4 quarters. in case you havent heard, they have a few receivers this year. as far as homefield advantage goes, that dont mean a freakin thing to the pats. they could play em on the moon or in the fiery pits of hell and the results would be the same, an a$$ whoopin by the pats! oh yeah, how many 6-0 teams have the colts destroyed this year? the only thing manning can beat brady at this year is commercial time. and like i said before, there's a freight train comin your way......

19. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    the pats will make what the vikings did look dumb when this season is over.

20. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    and another thing, i wanna know how in the world anybody can say that the pats have had a weak schedule. they have beat the crap out of 3 playoff teams! who have the colts beat besides new orleans?( and everybody has beat them). they won by 2 against the titans and 6 against the texans for petes sake! the only notable win they have had was the other night against the jags. we still have the skins, eagles, giants and steelers to contend with. i don't know what kind of little boxed in world you colts fans are living in but you really need to get out and face reality.:wink: