Colts 2009 Thread

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by Blacky, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Boo Stillers and Cheatriots!

The Horse is gonna bring the championship back to Indy in 2010!

2. powerwagon

powerwagon New Member

State:
    north carolina
    lmao! :roll_eyes:

3. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The horse is gonna throw a shoe and break a leg. Have to get put down.

4. perrycounty.in

perrycounty.in New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thatta boy the colts are aready being counted out cause dungy left i think they forgot the still have the players
    and with manning at the helm it gives him more insentive to do so

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah the indy colts have been my favorite team ever since peyton joined the team. Even though its a sad loss of the best coach.. i will always have colts pride wherever peyton goes.:wink:

6. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Indianapolis!!! I live in Indy, Colts usually put it on most everybody in the league season after season, but falter cause of some BS in the playoffs...

Go Colts!!!

Did I mention I like the Titans too?, It really sucks for me when they have to play each other!

Tamm(justAwatcher) is the same way, so before you comment on mine, remember she is lurking out there in the same situation!. And she might not be so nice/polite to comment back when you jump on my post... Lol

7. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    Man Jim, you make it seem like I'm mean or something.. I do like them both and however one of the two are going to do great this year! Not really to sure on which one but they are my two picks for the year!

8. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like Indy too..Mainly cause Peyton Manning is a Nola boy and one of my favorite QB's behind Drew Brees..I think Dungy's departure will sting a little but Peyton is like having a coach on the field anyways..They'll keep it together offensively..Its the defence that worries me..But we'll see..I'll be rooting for em as long as they don't play the Saints..

9. justAwatcher

justAwatcher New Member

State:
    Central Indiana
    defense is okay... my fav. man is on the defense :)

10. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    But there so small upfront on the d-line..Thats what worries me..If they can't stop the run it'll put alot of pressure on the offense..

11. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    and they play the titans twice!! the titans should be better up front and running the ball better this year than last. I think jevon ringer will find his way into the mix in a year or two, he was impressive at mich st. The titans d will still be about the same possibly a lil better even though haynesworth is gone. The offense ill be strong this year, no not like the patriots of two years ago, but consisent and better than anything theyve had the last 5 years!! but as aleways it a colt thread so gotta show love to Peyton after all i bleed orange on saturday and two shades of blu on sundays!!!!:smile2:

12. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Looks like we have a new contingent of Colts fans. Gonna need your support throughout the season since LilRyjoe and WhiteRivercats have jumped ship on me.

I was worried after Coach Dungy but now since Tom Moore, the only coordinator Peyton has known, came out of retirement and is consulting.

I will always have faith in Peyton and the offense. Reggie Wayne will always be Reggie Wayne. Gonzalez will easily replace Marvin. Dallas Clark must stay healthy. The boy from Conneticut will ease the workload off Joseph Addai.

The defense is always shaky! Let's hope Bob Sanders can play a full season and see how Caldwell can keep Dungy's defense intact.

I'm excited for the 2009-2010 season.

13. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    not to scare you blacky but the changes that the colts have had in personel and players is huge!! i will make a bold prediction and say colts will only win 9-10 games at most !! marvin hasnt been himself for the last two seasons so i dont think he will be missed except for his leadership and presence on the field, always commanding respect from the D! the weapons are not near as good as a couple of years ago and reggie is getting older every year!! but just like all other teams you really only have a small window to reach the top and it starts all over. and i wouldnt say it will be easy for gonzo to fill MH shoes!! kinda like sayn jay cutler could step right in for john elway!!:cool2: i cant stand that guy- JC
    and Bob sanders is a lil monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would love to see him in nashville on sundays!!

14. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    I would'nt be too confident that the Titans D is gonna be better than last year..With the departure of Haynsworth and an aging backfield who knows..I just don't see who's gonna provide the pass rush with Fat Al gone..The offenses wont have to double and triple team Fat Al no more so the LB's will be useless in pass rushing situations..And can Kerry Collins string together another mistake free season??It's good to see they finally got Kerry some receiving weapons..I think they got better offensively,they can't keep being 1 dimensional and run the ball all the time though..They gonna have to hit some big plays downfield to win some games.Especially against the Colts..

15. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    actually tony brown is a young version of haynes and the d never missed a beat when haynes was out for those two or three games with tony in!! really the titans are not really old at any position except collins and fisher commented thst he has stepped up tremendously and taken over the team this offseason knowing he was the clear starter !! He also said the offense, meanins the WRs and collins were on a whole different level than last. Remember the titans are not about big plays they are about consistency and being in position to win in the 4th qtr. Everyone pretty much knew they were one dimensional and it still didnt matter as they still were in every game the only exception being the jets game were they got stomped , but even the other two losses really didnt count for much as they had already clinched home field!! The one question mark on the titans might be the D but i have faith in fisher to get it done , in my opinion fisher is one of the best coaches in the nfl. Just look at what he has done with some of his past teams that had NO talent and still won 5-7 games , hell bellichek at new england would have been hard pressed to win with some of the teams and talent fisher has had in the past 5-7 years. They never really make attempts to get big time players and i think it really only leaves us a 2-4 year window to do something and it will start all over again. Even bullock says they dont make enough effort to put the pieces of the puzzle "together"!! oh yeah and as far as pass rush both our DEs still have fire and a whole lot of talent , we may not have the huge numbers defensively but i think you will still see a tough D that will more times than not win the turnover battle and field position and if you noticed - the Titans hardly ever came with more than 4 down linman and when they did they got their man 95 percent of the time so they may just have to bring a lil different blitz packages this year to account for the lack of double teams!!!!!!!:big_smile:

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Peyton is over the hill, ya might think of drafting his replacement...Go Browns:big_smile:

17. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    he is losing his weapons one by one and it really hurts to lose the coaching staff and some of the key players on offense!! the colts really are starting to roll down that hill i just hope PM comes back to knoxville and uses that brain and knowledge on the hill!! but i also think PM is the only definite year in and year out!!

18. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTT?????????

19. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    I'll give em the benefit of the doubt Chad..Can't wait to see how things go..I like the Titans too..The only guy I do not like with the Titan's is Vince Young..I'm soooooo glad N.O. picked up Brees and Bush and passed on Vince that year..We didn't need another Aarron Brooks..Wonder how my boy Mawae is doing with his recovery you hear any thing??

20. TITANSFAN2104

TITANSFAN2104 New Member

State:
    Smith county TN
    no havent heard but he will be ready by season start hopefully!! most of the time your vets dont see much if any action in the first preseason so i wont get worried till the 4th pre game then if some are no shows its time to sweat!!LOL