colorado

Discussion in 'LOCAL COLORADO TALK' started by whiskers, Oct 25, 2005.

1. whiskers

whiskers New Member

State:
    colorado
    I live in colorado and I cant find a single place that has blue cats in it! Any advice on places to go is greatly appreciated!

2. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Young man glad to see ya!
    I've fished Colorado from Gunnison to Granby to Pueblo east to west and can't for the life of me remember catching any Blues or Flats. I'm not sayin' they ain't there, I just never caught anything except Channels. The inpoundments in Colorado are just to cold. It might be a different story in the southern part of the state on the River. Your information is sketchy at best, where are you from and where do you fish? I grew up just south of Colorado Springs in Widefield. The last place I fished regular was Burlington out by the border, though my brother says Bonny has all but dried up. Hard to believe since it's fed by the Republican out of Nebraska. Give us some more information about yourself and your practice of what baits, etc... Welcome aboard the BOC! :cool:

3. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I was born and raised in Colo. The only places that you " might" find them would be on the east side of the state. I can't even tell where to start to look! The Platt might be a starting place.

4. whiskers

whiskers New Member

State:
    colorado
    I live in longmont and i often fish McCalls lake near my small town.

5. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I grew up out by Firestone, went to high school in longmont. Back when there was only one highschool. Barber Ponds might have some cats. Years ago they used to stock Mcalls with rainbows.

6. whiskers

whiskers New Member

State:
    colorado
    Ive heard of barbour having cats in it i just dont know how big they are. McCalls still stocks rainbows.

7. willisjj

willisjj Guest

If this tells you anything, the Colorado state record Blue catfish weighed 20 lbs. 1 oz. and was caught in 1976 in a private pond in Lincoln county.

Thats not a real big Blue and the fact that the record was set in 1976 and hasn't been broken yet tells me that it is a very uncommon fish in Colorado.

Some Colorado water that hold Blues:

Blue Lake (South East region)
    Aurora Reservoir (Aurora, CO)

This is all I could find and I looked hard, lol. Talk to you later.........Jeremy

8. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

Jeremy you da man!

9. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    I would not have thought that there where any blues in the Aurora res. About 25 yeaers ago I did a lot of dirt work on and around the res., and never heard of any cats coming out of there. I guess the could have stocked it between now and then, but I would have thought that the water would not be warm enough.

10. willisjj

willisjj Guest

I am with you there and there may not be many. The website I found just stated that it held channels and blues but did not elaborate, so theres no telling.

11. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    All i ever caught out of Aurora were trout and Tiger muskie. Chatfield has some good channels , I never saw a blue out of it.

12. Salty

Salty New Member

State:
    Elizabeth, CO
    I heard they stocked John Martin with some Blues. Not sure exactly when but it was within the last 5 years or so. Gonna be awhile til they grow up.