Colorado Springs Area?

Discussion in 'COLORADO LAKES TALK' started by Storm27m, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Storm27m

Storm27m New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Anyone know of a good lake or river in the Colorado Springs area? I'll be in the area for a few weeks and would like something to do on the weekends if the weather is decent. I'll be bank fishing because I won't have a boat there. Thanks.

2. Storm27m

Storm27m New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    I did find some info on Pueblo Reservoir. It sounds like it might be decent for wiper. Anyone catfish there?

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Lots of catfish there as well as wipers,smallmouths and walleyes.Plenty of shore to fish from.:big_smile:

4. Storm27m

Storm27m New Member

State:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks. I was looking into some of the closer reservoirs and they all seem to be closed until mid-April. I guess I'll have to make the 50-60 mile drive if I want to fish. Maybe I can find something closer once I get there. I've been to the area once before, but I didn't have the free time to fish.

5. Water Wolf

Water Wolf New Member

State:
    Colorado
    Yeah Pueblo has some nice Catfish in it I hear. I have never fished it but my cousin cleans up. Its only about 40min all highway from the Springs. West of the Springs is a great RES for large trout. 11-mile its about an hour west off of HW 24.

Jim