Colorado River

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by agcat, Feb 8, 2006.

1. agcat

agcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Anybody fish the Colorado River lately?

2. mikey0143

mikey0143 New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I use to fish the lower Colorado in Yuma and Palos Verdes for many years. The fishing can be tough on the main river due to water fluctuation. The best bet is to fish in semi enclosed lagoon and back water for best result.

3. dirtyyellow

dirtyyellow New Member

State:
    Texas
    havnt fished it this year yet but planning on it around mid march pulled out a 33 last year around that time i cant hardly wait it seems like the days just drag by till march rolls around doesnt it!!!

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Mikey, different Colorado. There's one in Texas also, runs from W. Texas down to the Gulf.

5. i fish the colorado every month for a week strait the water always is up and down these fish are use to it fish points or fingers on the main lake (havasu) on the river look for current breaks or interuptions rocks fingering out and fish the slack water also try a whole at the end of a long streatch channels and striper on the current breaks you will fing big flatheads and channels both use bluegill for them flats and try some cut shad in the wholes anchovies work well also :eek:

6. Thomas P. Conley

Thomas P. Conley New Member

State:
    Copperas Cove,TX.
    Are you talking of the river in the Central Hill Country near Bend TX.? If so the water is very low. I've never really done very well there for cats, but the White Bass and Crappie have in the past been great fishing.

7. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    We fished the Colo. for a week last month! Did not do well, a few small fish. We got the most hits on carp chunks.:crying:

8. sharpshooter

sharpshooter New Member

State:
    wharton, TX
    Me and some buddys set lines a couple weeks ago and caught a few small yellow cats. The water is pretty low and the sand bars are building up, makes for some interesting navigation. we tore the channels up on stink bait with poles.