Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been fishin' the Colorado River around Wharton County lately or heard of anyone that has? We went last month and only caught one fish, it was a pretty good one, but they were still a bit slow. I've heard some stories the past few days of some guys doing pretty good, just wondering if y'all have any info? I would think the spawn would be comin up pretty soon too, any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
me and a buddy fished colorado right off 59 under the bridge in a 14ft. flatbottom, we were using small sunfish as bait and threw some lines caught a few small blues on the lines, no luck on rod and reel thats the only part ive fished what spot u fish..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy texasaggie23! I havent fished the Colorado for cats, but I just wanted to say "Howdy" to a fellow Aggie. I'm actually a senior in highschool, but I've been accepted to A&M and the Dwight Look College of Engineering. I also plan to join the Corps. Well, just wanted to say hey! Oh, and good luck on the fishing.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
me and a buddy fished colorado right off 59 under the bridge in a 14ft. flatbottom, we were using small sunfish as bait and threw some lines caught a few small blues on the lines, no luck on rod and reel thats the only part ive fished what spot u fish..
I've fished from Glen Flora down to the estuary. I haven't had much luck on rod and reel either, but throw lines are usually a good bet. We actually had a two day tournament this past weekend and some decent fish were taken from the Glen Flora area. We caught 25 yellas with 8 over 10 pounds and the biggest were 17 and 19.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Howdy texasaggie23! I havent fished the Colorado for cats, but I just wanted to say "Howdy" to a fellow Aggie. I'm actually a senior in highschool, but I've been accepted to A&M and the Dwight Look College of Engineering. I also plan to join the Corps. Well, just wanted to say hey! Oh, and good luck on the fishing.
Howdy! TexasTom. I'm in the college of Geosciences. Theres good fishing around College Station in the Brazos. Welcome to A&M and good luck fishing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.