Colorado River

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by texasaggie23, Mar 4, 2008.

1. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Anyone been fishin' the Colorado River around Wharton County lately or heard of anyone that has? We went last month and only caught one fish, it was a pretty good one, but they were still a bit slow. I've heard some stories the past few days of some guys doing pretty good, just wondering if y'all have any info? I would think the spawn would be comin up pretty soon too, any thoughts?

2. MUDD CATT

MUDD CATT New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    me and a buddy fished colorado right off 59 under the bridge in a 14ft. flatbottom, we were using small sunfish as bait and threw some lines caught a few small blues on the lines, no luck on rod and reel thats the only part ive fished what spot u fish..

3. TexasTom

TexasTom New Member

State:
    Texas!
    Howdy texasaggie23! I havent fished the Colorado for cats, but I just wanted to say "Howdy" to a fellow Aggie. I'm actually a senior in highschool, but I've been accepted to A&M and the Dwight Look College of Engineering. I also plan to join the Corps. Well, just wanted to say hey! Oh, and good luck on the fishing.

4. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've fished from Glen Flora down to the estuary. I haven't had much luck on rod and reel either, but throw lines are usually a good bet. We actually had a two day tournament this past weekend and some decent fish were taken from the Glen Flora area. We caught 25 yellas with 8 over 10 pounds and the biggest were 17 and 19.

5. texasaggie23

texasaggie23 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Howdy! TexasTom. I'm in the college of Geosciences. Theres good fishing around College Station in the Brazos. Welcome to A&M and good luck fishing.

6. speedracer

speedracer New Member

State:
    Houston,TX
    Has anybody fished the pier at Wharton Park?Thanks

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sounds like you still had a fun time