Colorado River

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Vulture, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Anyone fish the Colorado River this time of year? Talking about the Blythe area. Going to do some duck hunting in the morning and hunt flatties during the evenings.

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I want to get down to that area before the year is over. I have never been, but I have heard that area can be real productive, but you have to know where the productive holes are.
    Good luck if you go.
    A~

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Hey!
    Welcome to the BOC dude! Glad to have you aboard.

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey greg glad to see you posting, hope ya get some ansewers to your ?'s cuz im always good for new in info, thinken of giving it an all niter this weekend before it gets to cool

andy when your ready to check out the part of the river i fish let me know and we'll hook , ya can stay at my place

5. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Hey River if all goes well I should be back there this weekend. As it stands I should be by myself. All fish'n.

6. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Hey Greg welcome to the BOC.

7. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    dang greg wish we could have done better, end up getting 5 nice size channels sun. afternoon, not sure were them flats took off to, end up with 1 run and a 2lb for the flats

8. usmc0208

usmc0208 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Welcome to the BOC

9. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I am fishing the lower part of the Colorado, the Yuma area. For what I hear there are some very nice size cats here, last night was my first time nightfishing; we had a good time but no flatheads landed, only one bite. We did not stayed longe since I had to work today but I hope to stay out there longer soon.

10. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    ya luey been slow down there even though the bait shops say there still biting, just not to sure about that ,havnt got anything to talk about down latly myself, been cool down there at nite also . are u fishing from shore or a boat?

11. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    From the shore mostly, I don't have a boat. A couple of nights a go I went out with a local guy in his boat but we only fished for a couple of hours since I had to work the next day, we got a bite and it took the bluegill. That was all the action we had. Last sunday I lost a big one from the shore, I tried to rush the fish and he was not ready to come in yet. I'll go back and get him one of this days.

12. Marc_g

Marc_g New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Dale, I'm glad to hear that theres still some fish in the river after getiin skunked at the gathering this year. Did they stock it since then? ha ha :big_smile: Maybe we could do another git together this year when it warms up?

Marc G
    Mesa AZ

13. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey mark me and bill were just talking about you dude, keep your ears open, going to be in may or june, look back in the old post on the river, we did ok up the river last spring, got some big fish, going to get a thread started soon on a gathering

14. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Hey Marc, how are you doing? Haven't heard from you sence the gathering. Have you been doing any fishing on the river down south? Hope to see you soon and do some fishing. Talk with you later. Bill