Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't remember who presented this information on the BOC.... but I thought that I'd bring it back up so that you folks could use what you can as reference....

Got some good maps of Imperial Valley and the water system to include the irragation system maps to boot..... in its intirety from Lake Mead down to Mexico

http://www.iid.com/Media/RIVER.pdf

It is a large file.... but I did some easy work in Photoshop and made what I needed...

Tight lines.....

Bayrunner Ray

· Registered
4,070 Posts
Thanks for the map Ray. I'll print out the Blythe/Palo Verde portion and bring a couple others I've been working on. See ya down there.

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sure A looking forward to it Shania.....

"Nice Info Ray"!!!
I hope to see you down in Blythe - You are coming to the Gathering right? :question:
:meeting:
Got some new areas to hand out to the Mendota Boys coming from the Fresno area.... I have been in contact with the Bulldogg, and his ventures into new areas.... Together with what Gary "Tofish" and I saw when scouting..... and...

With some help from the boys that go there or live there ..... we can put Sean and Fred and company into a decent flat ......

Interesting... When I did some reading on the "Treaty with Mexico" regarding the Colorado River and the water rights etc....

It was mentioned that "Davis Dam" and the body called "Lake Mojave" is a holding station for the water that is provided to Mexico via the Colorado River and the All American River.....

Mexico agreed to pay for part of the Dam and maintenance over the years in trade for a certain about of water guaranteed by the Treaty. The dam is a way to adjust for shortages that may exist from this and that.

Water is closely monitored at various sites along the river as they know what is taken out to various canals etc. or returned via "outflow" ditches....

Lake Havasu was put in after the initial years that I spent in blythe as a youth..... They claimed they channelized the river to save on the "evaporation" from the natural river flow.....

Havasu establishes a great recreation facility ..... but more than that, it is where water comes out for use in AZ and CA. All of this is monitored as well so that agreed upon quantities find its way to Mexico......

Just some more "trivia" about the River...... got one more that "Riverbudd55" compiled on the early "Steamboats" navigating up from the Gulf of California and the "sea of Cortez"

See Ya all on the River at the Blythe "CA/AZ gathering...."

May 22-23 or more...

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What the heck Jaime.... are you out of town?.... It is only one short drive.... 200 miles... easy dirve.. one big gathering of the Boys and Girls of the BOC and friends from AZ and CA.......

Easier drive than going to Mendota....

Come on.... do it....

· Registered
4,185 Posts
What the heck Jaime.... are you out of town?.... It is only one short drive.... 200 miles... easy dirve.. one big gathering of the Boys and Girls of the BOC and friends from AZ and CA.......

Easier drive than going to Mendota....

Come on.... do it....

Hi Ray, I will be in Mexico The weekend of the Blyth gathering. I do want to fish the Colorado River though.

Jaime

· Registered
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I spend a lot of time checking out various spots to go fishing at.

Here is a link for some of you folks that may want to see the Treaty with Mexico that changed the water going to the gulf of mexico.......

Water is bucks folks....check it out.....

It extablishes the original flow of the Alamo River..... and attempts to do better things to the New River......(it has the spanish along side of it for you folks that can read the National Language of Mexico)

www.usbr.gov/lc/region/pao/pdfiles/mextrety.pdf

· Registered
11,521 Posts
I spend a lot of time checking out various spots to go fishing at.

Here is a link for some of you folks that may want to see the Treaty with Mexico that changed the water going to the gulf of mexico.......

Water is bucks folks....check it out.....

It extablishes the original flow of the Alamo River..... and attempts to do better things to the New River......(it has the spanish along side of it for you folks that can read the National Language of Mexico)

www.usbr.gov/lc/region/pao/pdfiles/mextrety.pdf
Great link. A lot of reading. Interesting Props!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.