Colorado River - I caught one, kinda of

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by tofish, Jan 10, 2008.

1. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    fished the lower colorado river today. tried crawlers, mackeral, liver, chovies. as i was soaking some stink bait, decided to throw out for grins and giggles, my crappy rig. it's what i call my piano pole. super ultra light weight pole, 4lb line on it. darn channel about 3 lbs or so hit it. now, how many people leave home and leave net at home? i never do, but did this time. got the glove on, tried to belly fish, no good. so, came in from top. darn fish wiggled when he shouldn't of. and broke off. (if it's waited, would of removed jig and released anyhow). fgirst fish in close to month or so. but still fun.
    gary

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Gary, I went fishing without my net one time and wouldn't you know it, thats when I lost a biggun. I try to never forget my net now.:wink:

3. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    have a gaff in boat, but didn't need it for one that small. i'm kinda handi-capped and have hard time lifting. this time, just too light of line. but still a good memory. net is now in back of truck where it should of been before.
    gary

4. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i got no luck over here on the catten but the stripers are good

i do mostly target and pest control in the winter so fising is a once a week thing :sad2:

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    i don't get to fish like i want to right now. went through holidays without.
    leroy, got to ask, what is matiness? think that is what you say is your business.
    gary

6. Blue709995

Blue709995 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    tofish:

Must have been an awesome fight! I catch my carp for bait on an ultralite with six poud on it. Caught a six pund carp at pleasant last month with it. Felt like I was fighting a steel head in a river lol. Four pound seems like it is so much easier to break than six though. can oly imagin catching a cat on it. I only use four lb for trou lol

7. Pappy B

Pappy B Guest

Hey Gary,congrates.I haven't stretched a line in a few weeks.I'm way over due.It's the work thing.I hook-up alot of small channels with my crappie rod when I'm fishing on the Gila for bait.Once in a while during spring I'll tag into a good flat or a stinking turtle and almost get spooled using my 6# line,but what fun.I'm hoping to get out up here for a few hours before the end of the month.I haven't fished the Colorado in about 30 years.Glad to here you got out.
    Pappy B.