Colorado River Fishing Report

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by martinman, May 5, 2008.

1. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    All interested,

I just got back from fishing the Colorado River over the weekend. Although no monsters were caught personally, I at least wanted to give some stats on the river at Blythe so that everyone going to the gathering can have a better idea of what to expect.

Water temperature the first night was 67.3 degrees. Second night was at 68.2 degrees. The water levels were pretty steady both nights with little rise/fall in depth...which is a good thing in my book. There has been some sandbar shifting going on in a few parts of the river, but nothing too concerning. Most depths are 10-15 feet in the main channel to 3-4 feet in the shallows.

The temperatures at night on Friday night was in the lower-to-mid 50's, but Saturday night was about 60 degrees...much nicer.

Ultimately, things are shaping up to be nice for the gathering in a few weeks. I was able to look at a few more areas to test out. Hopefully one of these spots will bring in some nice flatties in the future.

Ryan

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    How did you do Ryan?
    Did you hook up with any flats? Any pictures?

Thanks for the notes... I am expecting everything to be hot for the gathering, and with a little luck, so will be the fishing!

Take care~

3. martinman

martinman New Member

State:
    Clinton, Iowa
    Personally, I only hooked into some channels (nice size though). There were a couple people that have been catching some flatties on the river so far this year. I found a couple holes that seemed to be promising, but the gathering will have to help verify that since that will be the next date that I can go.

I wish I could report that I caught a monster, but that will have to wait for a future post...I'm haven't given up yet.

Ryan

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the post Ryan... Plumbertom and myself are going to get down that way this weekend, and make it a three day weekend and check it out some ourselves this weekend........ get back to you guys on our "adventure"

bayrunner Ray

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California

Not to much luck on the "scouting trip" to McIntyre Marina, and Mayflower Park......On the water near Blythe

I wanted to "plot those two places" so that fishing in the dark would be easier...

At Mayflower.... we Tried for some Talapia at the "north drain" but none were home for us.... most of our Gills that we caught were in the Oxbowl down on the AZ side.... real busy at that pump....gill, bass and even a good cat on 4lb line.....

McIntyre lagoon had some nice "pumpkin seed" gills.... but we could not get the Flatheads to hit our baits.....Lots of grass and flotation stuff comming down the river...... even at Mayflower......

Here is a post by Plumbertom that tells more of what we had for fun...

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1042649

Sorry bout the link... goto the top of this link to post #1

bayrunner Ray

6. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    good going i am glad you enjoyed yourself rick