Colorado River Fishin,,

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Snagged2, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey,
    I was wondering if there's any Flatcat catchin' goin' on around the Blythe area of the river, I haven't been in several weeks. I've been getting the urge to see how things are. I've never fished the river this late in the year.
    I may try and get over that way early next week, before Thanksgiving..So, anyone having any info would be much appreciated..
    Otherwise, If I make it, I'll post any results I come up with!!:wink:

2. Billy Jo

Billy Jo New Member

State:
    Peoria , Arizona
    Just got back from the Blyth area and all I can tell you is fishing SLOW and nights are Cold got down to 47* at night, days were nice.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi Bill, thanks,,
    I don't remember exactly when I was there last, but, it seemed to be slowing down a bit for me, maybe 6 weeks ago...
    I'd still like to try different times of the day and maybe try and locate some "holding" areas, if possible. Try something anyway,,,!!
    We found out at our last trip to Rosey, we don't particularly like "ice" fishing....:crazy:

Cold at night there also.. and fishing was slow for us... shore angling.

Thx, for the info,,

4. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Hey Greg, Bill and myself never gave the flats a chance, talked to a dude from town about the fishing and he said that folks are getting flats in the back waters and the bluegills were biting there also a week back

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi Dale, and thanks for the reply... The backwaters, were where I thought I'd try first.. The past few times I fished the main channel, the water level was fluctuating dramatically, seemed to throw off the bite,,, maybe

Also, thinking about more of a day, afternoon, early evening hunt, as it is cold, and I don't want any schrapnel from my fishing partner,,,,!!!!!:eek:oooh::wink: I can never find enough firewood for her!!

Day hunt not all bad, I like messin' with the bass also!! And have had fair success letting a bait drift downstream for chanels.

I just figure that in our region, our cats may slowdown through winter, but, doubt if they get dormant. But,like I mentioned, I've never fished this late, and am looking forward to trying and throwing a line at all opportunity, ,,,Might just work out once in awhile!!

6. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Hey Greg, So enough time hasn't gone by, Mindy still remembers how cold it was. Be sure and not take a wooden tackle box or anything you like that is flammable. It may not make it back. Camp close to wood! Good luck hope your trip goes well. Mike

7. brew1961

brew1961 New Member

State:
    West Virgi
    Was in Yuma 1980-1982 US Army wish I did some fishing and hunting out there, Beautiful country! Great looking fish guys! Peace, Tim

8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hi Tim,
    Welcome to BOC. Yes, we enjoy it here.. Just need to move closer to the water!!!

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    snagged sounds like you had a good time rick