Colorado River Fish and Camp list

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by riverbud55, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Here' the list of people that have said they are or have hopes of planing on the river trip. This list should include how many guest, if they are going to be camping( RV tent or truck) or staying in a hotel or what ever, what days will you be there, boat yes or no

1. asukevin

2. dadcheek

3. Billy Jo

boat yes
    4. Matthew Cook

5. tdpasser

6. shorepatrol

7. AZrivercat

8. martinman

9. Koda

10. muskyman +1

boat yes
    11. bluehunter +1 or more?

12. riverbud55 +1
    camping RV,
    will be there 7/6 to 7/12
    boat yes W/room for others

13. katfish n beer

14. janzaldo

2. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Here' the list of people that have said they are or have hopes of planing on the river trip. This list should include how many guest, if they are going to be camping( RV tent or truck) or staying in a hotel or what ever, what days will you be there, boat yes or no

1. asukevin

2. dadcheek

3. Billy Jo

boat yes
    4. Matthew Cook

5. tdpasser

6. shorepatrol

7. AZrivercat
    camping truck
    will be there 8,9,10 or on 9,10,11
    boat no

8. martinman

9. Koda

10. muskyman +1

boat yes

12. riverbud55 +1
    camping RV,
    will be there 4/6 to 4/12

13. katfish n beer

14. janzaldo

15.AZflats +1

camping in boat
    boat yes

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Dale, I just got my day off approved for that weekend. I will be off on friday 4/7 thru 4/10.

Jaime

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Sure wish I could attend this one. Take lot's of pics and share them with us.

5. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    I want a big flathead so bad, I am gonna bring the big stuff for this trip. Hey, we get to use live bait out there right ? Goldfish, or bluegill or talapia ?

6. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    dave the live bait is all good, im going to talk to the dude that runs the bait shop and see if I can't get some big gold fish on reserve for us. May try and get a blue gill durby going for the biggest gill on fri

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I forgot to mention, I will be camping. I do not own a boat.
    Hey Bryan, wish you could make this one as well. I bet you know all the good spots. I remeber you telling me about your fishing trips with your dad( too cool) I also remeber seeing some pictures of you aand your dad. I will make sure to take plenty of pictures.
    Hey David sure glad you are going. Hopefully I can catch some fresh mackeral. If I can will try to take a trip to Catalina Island and catch some bonito. You got first dibs on the the bonito.

Jaime

8. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    I have a 12 person 3 bedroom Tent. It is like 6"8 in the center. It is a sweet setup. I will bring it for extra guys to crash in. Plus I will have the back of my pickup as I have a shell on it. I wonder how the weather will be that time of year - you know, weather permitting with the tent camping and all.

9. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Dave the weather should be a perfect but ya can never tell about the desert here's what the weather channel says

Daily Averages for Blythe, CA April

Day Sunrise Sunset Avg. High Avg. Low Mean Record High Record Low
    1 5:26 AM 5:59 PM 83°F 51°F 67°F 99°F (1950) 35°F (1938)
    2 5:25 AM 6:00 PM 83°F 51°F 67°F 101°F (1950) 34°F (1975)
    3 6:23 AM 7:00 PM 84°F 51°F 67°F 100°F (1943) 37°F (1975)
    4 6:22 AM 7:01 PM 84°F 51°F 68°F 104°F (1961) 37°F (1934)
    5 6:20 AM 7:02 PM 84°F 51°F 68°F 102°F (1961) 39°F (1977)
    6 6:19 AM 7:03 PM 85°F 52°F 68°F 104°F (1989) 39°F (1933)
    7 6:18 AM 7:03 PM 85°F 52°F 68°F 106°F (1989) 38°F (1964)
    8 6:16 AM 7:04 PM 85°F 52°F 69°F 106°F (1989) 40°F (1983)
    9 6:15 AM 7:05 PM 85°F 52°F 69°F 105°F (1989) 40°F (1973)
    10 6:14 AM 7:06 PM 86°F 52°F 69°F 101°F (1934) 38°F (1935)
    11 6:13 AM 7:07 PM 86°F 53°F 69°F 101°F (1936) 39°F (1935)
    12 6:11 AM 7:07 PM 86°F 53°F 70°F 103°F (1934) 38°F (1933)

didn't copy so well but you'll get the Idea, and i would say the chance of rain is very very low

think the water temp should be low to mid 70's

darn temp this weekend says 4 days of mid 80's and low's in the mid 50's
    emm thinken mite have to head off to the river.

10. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller

1. asukevin

2. dadcheek

3. Billy Jo

boat yes
    4. Matthew Cook

5. tdpasser

6. shorepatrol

7. AZrivercat
    camping truck
    will be there 8,9,10 or on 9,10,11
    boat no

8. martinman

9. Koda

10. muskyman +1

camping tent w/ room for others
    boat yes

12. riverbud55 +1
    camping RV,
    will be there 4/6 to 4/12

13. katfish n beer

14. janzaldo

camping
    boat no

15.AZflats +1

camping in boat
    boat yes

16. topjimmy

boat no

11. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I am going to do my best to attend! Like Muskyman, I want to catch a flathead really bad! If I can make it, I will bring a boat and be tent camping. Guest at this time is unknown.

12. karodi

karodi Guest

Im in as well. I probadly will be camping as well and i will bring my boat. Keith

13. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    Hows everyone been. Its been awhile since i have been around, but go ahead and count me in plus one

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Hey Keith and Cliff hows its going? This looks to be a good trip coming up.

15. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Man Brandt hows its all going sure, would be cool if ya can make it. man dude thats a long drive nearing 800miles each way

keith good to hear from ya. your boat will do good out there, the current runs about 5mph out in the middle of the river along the banks you can find slower moving water you can also find some eddies, the river runs about around 7' w/ drop offs to 10 to 15 ft, there also sand bars that have 5 ft or so drops on the back side and alot of submirged trees to be found, On the subject of shad I know nothing about, but their around, maybe Vulture knows about them he's got a place down by palo verda he may get them out of lake ciboila, he's signed up on the boc but havn't herd from in here he's on fnn maybe we need to pick his brain on that, i know he's trying to get info on sabiki rigs in there so he must know were there at. you can use a cast net to get them just not any bigger then 3' i think. I have been using gold fish for bait and Im going to try and get some big goldfish reserve for us

hey ther Deltalover i,ll be putting you down hope to meet up with ya down there them flats will be waiting on ya

bluehunter this is starting to look good think im going to get anouther spot for us. man I tell ya I,m ready for some warmer weather to get them cats going going

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hey Brandt, how are you doing buddy? Glad to hear you can make it. Have you heard from Joe? I tried calling him but I have the wrong number.
    Dale by when do you need the money for space reservations?

Jaime

17. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    jaime will figer it out when we get there kinda divide it up between every one will just play it by ear. by looken at the peps that are going to be there it should 20.00 or less

18. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    hey jamie how ya been? i have not heard from joey since christmas. I tried calling him a few times but the number i have is not working. and dale i dont mind the drive i just wanna get some fishing in. i have been busy as hell lately. so it will be a nice break. Hopefully i will have my new boat by then.

19. azraider

azraider New Member

State:
    arizona
    I fish that area alot, except last year only twice . Talipa or bluegill are much better bait then gold fish!! Lots of talipa in the canals there.

20. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey there azraider welcome to the BOC a lot of good people here with a lot of good info. Man you right on about the Talipa and bluegill , only thing is the time to get them, sounds like ya know about the blythe area nice to have ya around and hope to see at the gathering its 4/6 to 4/10 there is other threads going in the CA an AZ talk sections, some will be there only the weekend which will mean that thay may need to get goldfish for fast bait. dude if know anything about catching bait down there please fell free to post any info you got on that for down there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.