Colorado River fish an camp list

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by riverbud55, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Here' the list of people that have said they are or have hopes of planing on the river trip. This list should include how many guest, if they are going to be camping( RV tent or truck) or staying in a hotel or what ever, what days will you be there, boat yes or no

1. asukevin

2. dadcheek

3. Billy Jo

boat yes
    4. Matthew Cook

5. tdpasser

6. shorepatrol

7. AZrivercat

8. martinman

9. Koda

10. muskyman +1

boat yes
    11. bluehunter +1 or more?

12. riverbud55 +1
    camping RV,
    will be there 7/6 to 7/12
    boat yes W/room for others

13. katfish n beer

14. janzaldo

2. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Here' the list of people that have said they are or have hopes of planing on the river trip. This list should include how many guest, if they are going to be camping( RV tent or truck) or staying in a hotel or what ever, what days will you be there, boat yes or no

1. asukevin

2. dadcheek

3. Billy Jo

boat yes
    4. Matthew Cook

5. tdpasser

6. shorepatrol

7. AZrivercat
    camping truck
    will be there 8,9,10 or on 9,10,11
    boat no

8. martinman

9. Koda

10. muskyman +1

boat yes

12. riverbud55 +1
    camping RV,
    will be there 4/6 to 4/12

13. katfish n beer

14. janzaldo

15.AZflats +1

camping in boat
    boat yes

3. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller

1. asukevin

2. dadcheek

3. Billy Jo

boat yes
    4. Matthew Cook

5. tdpasser

6. shorepatrol

7. AZrivercat
    camping truck
    boat no

8. martinman

9. Koda

10. muskyman +1

camping tent w/ room for others
    boat yes

12. riverbud55 +1
    camping RV,

13. katfish n beer

14. janzaldo

camping
    boat no

15.AZflats +1

camping in boat
    boat yes

16. topjimmy

boat no

4. azraider

azraider New Member

State:
    arizona
    When is this trip going on?

5. dadcheek

dadcheek New Member

State:
    Tempe, Az
    Hi all, I will be coming up on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. All I need is a place to park my truck and set up a couple of tables to make some breakfast. See all of you there. Bill give me a PM or a call at the house.

6. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey there dadcheek, Don I'll put ya on. billyjo was tellen me about the great breakfEst cooking you put on . man if ya want to save yourself some trouble there will be the park tables there that you should be able to back your truck up to and I'll have cooking station set up with a big 2 burner stove that will be set up running for all to use and a 55gal drum bbq fired up W/ mesqite 24/7, but not a problem for the truck and tables.

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Azraider, it is a gathering/ camping on the Coloradonear Blyth. The date of the gathering is on 4/7/6-4/9/6. If you like do a search Colorado spring time gathering. Hope you can make it.

Jaime

8. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey there azraider welcome to the BOC a lot of good people here with a lot of good info. Man you right on about the Talipa and bluegill , only thing is the time to get them, sounds like ya know about the blythe area nice to have ya around and hope to see at the gathering its 4/6 to 4/10 there is other threads going in the CA an AZ talk sections, some will be there only the weekend which will mean that thay may need to get goldfish for fast bait. dude if know anything about catching bait down there please fell free to post any info you got on that for down there

9. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    bill what u been up to , how did the havasu thing go, been fishen?, i havent been to river since the first of the year but hoping to get out of here this next weekend
    c-ya soon

10. azraider

azraider New Member

State:
    arizona
    When you are going down hwy 78 there are two stop signs after you pass ripley before palo verde. At the second stop sign make a left instead of the instead of the right too palo verde. When you come to the canal.
    after about a 3/4 of a mile make another left and drive up the canal untill you hit the first irrigation dranged canal walk down and the talapia will hit your nitecrawler as soon as it hits the water and you will catch some bluegills too. Oh the west side of the canal!!

11. Vulture

Vulture New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Hey riverbud! Ill be heading towards my place today (Friday). I have to work Sunday so Ill only get one day of fishing. Ill be after LMB off of Walters camp. Dont know if you'll be up that way this weekend. How ever Ill be heading back next weekend for three days. I just have to get out of Los Angeles. Taking the wife and girls with me this time. Next weekend I should be alone unless I can find a fishing partner.
    Count me in of the BOC get together. Dont know when or where Ill show up but I would like to join the fellas for some cat info. I have a small duck boat that would hold one more adult. If I dont bring another person count me in as taking a non boater.
    Keep me posted regarding date and times also location for the big cat round up!

12. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Here' the list of people that have said they are or have hopes of planing on the river trip. This list should include how many guest, if they are going to be camping( RV tent or truck) or staying in a hotel or what ever, what days will you be there, boat yes or no. the place is Blythe CA @ Hidden beachs resort, the Dates 4/6 to 4/10

1. asukevin

2. dadcheek
    4/6 to 4/9
    camping

3. Billy Jo
    boat yes

4. Matthew Cook

5. tdpasser

6. shorepatrol

7. AZrivercat
    camping truck
    boat no

8. martinman

9. Koda

10. muskyman +1
    camping tent w/ room for others
    boat yes

12. riverbud55 +1
    camping RV,

13. katfish n beer

14. janzaldo
    camping
    boat no

15.AZflats +1
    camping in boat
    boat yes

16. topjimmy
    camping
    boat no

17 Deltalover
    camping
    no boat

18 shaina
    camping
    no boat

19 karodi
    camping
    boat yes

20 cliffey07 +1
    camping
    boat ?

21 Vulture
    not camping
    boat yes

13. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    hey brian (azraider)thanks 4 the info on the bait, I was down there this last weekend and came across a some dudes trowing a cast net and getting a mess of 3" to 4" shad. brain u ever use any shad down there?

14. karodi

karodi Guest

Yo dale i will be looking for shad when i come down for the gathering so keep you ears out for some locations for me. I will be using my cast net. Also if you can send my some pictures of the river too it would be great. Hit me at my home email (karodi2100@sbcglobal.net) Oh !! Is the river up right now ? Is it very trashey ? Thanks Keith

15. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    karodi(keith) I,ll be getting some pic,s soon tried this last weekend but ran out of battries after a few pic.s, not much man made trash but nature sure left a lot , trees and a lot weeds and river grass, seams your always pulling that crap of your lines. here's a map satalite pic http://maps.google.com/?t=k&ll=33.594724,-114.536558&spn=0.001863,0.00273&t=h of were the dudes were getting the shad the pic shows a back water and in the middle youll see a white spec that is a car on a boat ramp, in front of the ramp is were thay were this last weekend. I did get some pics of this place ill post soon. the water you cant ever figer out should be up in april, the water comes up to its highest some time in the early AM around say 3am and starts coming down around 10 or 11 AM with low water around 3 to 4 pm, it may drop 3' or 4' each day. Fridays are a low water day with the water not coming up much. you can get a idea of how its been and going to be by going to http://www.usbr.gov/lc/riverops.html and looking at Hourly Elevations and Releases and finding palo verda look at todays info and past 4 day info any thing above 5000cfs is a good water elevation

16. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Dale, is it safe to swim in the river?

Jaime

17. riverbud55

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    jaime your not going to swim against the curent but you can swim the river, before we had boats down there we used to tube down the river from in front camp around the bend http://maps.google.com/?ll=33.659139,-114.520562&spn=0.012324,0.015943&t=h get out walk back to camp takes about 5 min walk back to camp. it takes about 45 min to float around the bend. any one having a float tube mite be able to use them in that area for fishen. The river can kill though, just this last labor day weekend there was an 18yr old boy killed just up river from camp, kid tried to follow his bud across the river and couldn't make it, tried to swim back up river and tierd himself out, found him under a dock in front of 1 of the houses, if your ever fall in the river out of your boat DONT fight the river you will get out some were there always a sand bar to be found get to the edge of river .anouther thing is to always have shoes on just in case ya need to do some walking to get back. but ya we swim the river all the time. when its 115 ya got to cool off some how.

18. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks Dale, I think I will stick with the public showers. I have alot of respect for the river. I once flipped on Cedar river. The current can be decieving. The current was so strong, I lost a shoe!. Luckily I was wearing a life jacket and the big man was watching over me. I also forgot to mention my buddy Allen and Greg helping me up on the boat! This happend at the Iowa gathering 2003.

Jaime

19. azraider

azraider New Member

State:
    arizona
    I have never used shad but I bet they would kick some tail!!
    I also think you will catch big channels and stiper on them. Last september we cought a 12lb striper across from walters camp on liver.

20. azraider

azraider New Member

State:
    arizona
    If I can make it i will bring alot of talipia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.