Colorado River first Flathead catfish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by bluehunter, May 9, 2006.

1. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Went out this weekend with Riverbud to the Colorado River in the blythe area and had a blast. I caught my first flathead and then more. We fished the main river in about 6 feet of water along some timble weeds and toolies. Bait of choice was bluegill. First run at 1120pm produced a 30 pound flat. Missed another run around 1am. Had one more run around 230am and it was a 35 pounder. These cats put up a great fight. Had a great trip and thanks to Riverbud for the opportunity. I will be on many more flathead adventures in the future.

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Here are some pics

Attached Files:

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Man blue great having ya along, what a blast it was to help ya net them bad boys, what a way to get your 1st flats. I'm tellen you guys I had to hold blue down cuz he was headed strait to cloud 9, I know one thing they will not be his last

got some more pic's

Attached Files:

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey B.H.,

That's a nice photo of you that dale posted in his thread, with you and the two victims of the night. lol:happy:

Again: "Good Job"! :0a23:

Bert:cool2:
    (Shaina)

5. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Looks good Brian! I can't wait to get back down there!

6. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Congrats on the nice flatheads Brian! Looks like you and Riverbud had a blast. I hope to someday get back out that way and do some fishing with you guys. Fishing the river and canals would be a dream for me. Thanks for sharing!

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Whistler there are tons of fishing areas along the River and canals and backwaters. I am learning a few of them as of now. I look forward to making many more trips there as I made it a point to learn the river and find spots this flathead season. We would love to have you here to fish. We may have another Colorado River gathering before fall so keep your eyes open for that one.

Deltalover would love to see you back while the bite is on. Water temps is now key for them and it should last for a while.

8. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Man Whistler it would be great to have ya out hear for some catfishen may try and put togather another gathering be for the end of the season as blue said not sure yet but the talk was down at lake martaniz not sure yet

9. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    YEah we are looking at the martinez area for know and have to do some research on the accomadations there. Well see. Palo Verde is also an area of interest.

10. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    way to go :big_smile: :big_smile:

11. Justin

Justin New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congratulations Brian, way to go. Thanks for sharing the pics with the rest of us!:big_smile: